Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
212
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
7
Hits:
1,282

The Gift

Summary:

Pairing: Chase/August Brooks in due time
Note: this comes to you all thanks to the latest assinment in that bloody writing class I'm taking. Now I have to decide... does it live on or die...continue or wither away like a bad dream.
Choice #5
Legend, oil, bathroom, premise, response
You have a 200-word limit.

Work Text:

The Gift
By PEJA

 

Chase stared at the beribboned box for a long moment, then dropping the lid on his desk, drew out the ornate bottle of oils. Glancing toward his partner, he remembred the legend attached to the gift. The legend that now affected him. And he shuddered.

"Cold?" Brooks asked, glancing up from his reports.

A rush of giddiness swamped Chase and he rose shakily, mumbling something about needing to find the bathroom.

August rose also, reaching out a steadying hand.

Chase jerked back, stumbling and saved himself from a backward fall by clutching at Richardson's desk. "Don't...." he hissed. "I'm all right. Just want to throw some water on my face. Hot in here."

With that, he made a staggering dash to the men's room. "Treet, why?" he whispered, staring at the oils again. "Why send it HERE."

Brow furrowing, he ran a quick replay of words his mom had said on his sixteenth birthday, his mind sticking on one phrase. "....the premise of the legend is that you will fall in love with the first person who touches you after the oils arrive."

Damn, but Brooks had almost....he shuddered. That response was just to horrible to cotemplate. Kendra would kill him.

=30=