Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
339
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
7
Hits:
977

Just A Girl

Summary:

Trance does some thinking.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Just a Girl
By Mari


I'm just a girl. I wish that people would stop trying to make more out of me that that. They don't think that I hear them but I do. I hear all the whisperings.

"What is she?"

"Who is she?"

"Can she read our thoughts?"

"Does she know the future?"

Sometimes I think that I should never have come here...to this place, these people. There are just to many risks. Risks to them and to me. They can't know what I am or who I am or even what I do,

Environmental officer ??

Yeah right!

Why can't they just see that?

Don't they know me well enough by now to get that I'd never willingly lie to them, or in this case withhold the truth, unless I had a good reason. And I do have a good reason, a life or death reason. It's ironic that I think that they should know me when I've only allowed them to see a very few pieces of the real me.

I only let them see an enigma. They already know too much. I haven't been guarded enough, careful enough. Dylan and Harper are the two that will suffer the most if IT ever happens. If I'm ever unmasked.

Poor brave Dylan always seeking the truth and never even knowing that sometimes the truth burns. And Harper...I'm not sure what he knows. In the future he could become a major liability to me. A liability because I want to tell him. I want to...

No, I can't allow myself to think that. I've chosen my path and there is no room for that on it. Love is dangerous in my line of work. So I'll continue to walk down the corridors of the Andromeda and pretend that I don't hear the whispers, that I'm not aware that conversations stop when I walk into a room, that I don't notice the looks.

After all, to them all I want to be is just a girl.



=30=

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Mari.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.