Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
542
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
3
Kudos:
7
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,408

Blue balls

Summary:

Gibbs sulks. Ducky reminds him of one important fact.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Disclaimer: The characters from the show aren't mine, they belong to others. No copyright infringement intended. Any characters you don't recognise are mine. Feedback would be nice, positive feedback would be nicer. Enjoy!

Category: NCIS humorous ficlet

Rating: FRC/FRT

Characters: Gibbs/Dinozzo

Series: No

Spoilers: Season One

Summary: Gibbs sulks. Ducky reminds him of one important fact.

Archive: Just tell me where it's going

Additional 'stuff':

Title: Blue balls

Gibbs carried the small rubber ball around with him for a day or two, squeezing and releasing it, feeling the ache in his shoulder as he did so, then became fed up with how his hands always smelled of rubber and left it on his desk. Or wherever he happened to be at the time.

'Boss...ball.' Tony reminded, watching it roll across the desk.

'Dinozzo...head.' Gibbs scowled, heading out of the room.

Kate just sighed and ignored them.

Later that day...

Gibbs threw the ball against the wall in Autopsy and smiled as it dropped into the wastebasket.

Tony walked across, half-listening to Ducky's retelling of how he found a stripper and her snake...somewhere, and retrieved it, holding it out. 'Boss, you dropped the ball.'

Gibbs didn't get the joke, or didn't find it funny and snatched the thing off Tony.

Kate's curiosity finally got the better of her. 'Why *do* you have a stress ball Gibbs?'

Gibbs smiled one of those smiles that made Tony squirm inwardly. 'Because I have the two of you.'

'It's to take his mind off his shoulder.' Tony corrected.

'How does that ball..?' Kate didn't get it and she looked from Ducky to Tony then finally at Gibbs.

'I can't work on the boat, I can't work out, I can't do *anything*!' Gibbs snarled. 'It relieves my stress.' He gave the ball a particular vicious squeeze and it exploded, dropping rubber fragments at his feet. 'Damnit!'

Ducky waved the two younger agents away with a reassuring smile. //Hmm...this was going to be...interesting//.

Ducky hardened his expression and his tone. 'Jethro, sit on that table now.'

Huffing, Jethro heaved himself onto the table. Needing to defend his behavior, he muttered: 'It hurts.'

Ducky's face softened. 'It's just a flesh wound Jethro. It's healing well. Gerald's wound...'

Gibbs sighed, chastised by Ducky's unspoken rebuke. 'I'm sorry...it's just...'

Ducky smiled, walking across. 'I know Jethro. Now, let's see what the Doctor has for his worst patient.'

Gibbs smiled cautiously, sliding awkwardly off the table and walked across to the drawer Ducky was rifling in.

'Ah...here we are.' Ducky tossed something at Gibbs and, one-handed, Gibbs caught it, opening his hand to stare down at it.

'Uh...Duck.'

'Yes Jethro?' Ducky asked innocently.

Gibbs smiled sheepishly. 'Thanks.'

Aware he was speaking to Jethro's retreating back, Ducky whispered: 'You're welcome Jethro...you're very welcome.'

*****************************

Engrossed in reading his email, Tony didn't hear Gibbs calling across. 'OWW!!' He rubbed the back of his head, pouting crossly. 'Boss!'

Bending, Gibbs straightened up. 'Yeah?' He tossed the blue ball, identical to the one he had destroyed, into the air and caught it easily.

'You got a boxful of those in your desk?' Tony asked with dread.

Gibbs smiled brightly. 'Nope.'

Tony relaxed, relieved.

'But Ducky has.'

End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author fanficwriter101.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.