Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2020-07-16
Words:
3,376
Chapters:
7/7
Comments:
5
Kudos:
19
Hits:
298

Always and Forever

Summary:

Heyes and Curry share feelings as deep and true as they can be, but how long will it last?

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Notes:

Many thanks to Avoca for proofreading.

Chapter Text

He was lying in the afterglow still enjoying the touch of Kid Curry’s skin. Blond curls tickled his bare chest and the rhythm of his partner's soft breathing told him he was sleeping soundly.

Heyes couldn’t find any sleep. He enjoyed the warmth of the body in his arms and the closeness of his friend. He loved the blond curls, the sinewy body, the man. He was in his heart and in his mind - the closest thing to home and the only comfort he never wanted to miss.

For years they were on the run, at first searching for some sort of family and home, when they grew older for fortune and glory, later on just for peace and a place to rest. In the end the answer was so simple – all of it was joined in the one person that was always at his side. Everything important he held in his arms tonight.

In his mind he relived the pleasures they’d shared this night and to know it wouldn’t last forever made it only more precious for him. Every stolen night could be the last one, every day possibly ending their partnership with a bullet or any other act of violence.

Even if they should stay alive against all odds, finally succeed and gain their amnesty he would lose his partner as well – to the first naive beauty, willing to stay with him and bear his children. He knew very well how much Kid Curry yearned for family and home. He’d take any opportunity to settle down and raise a dozen children with blond hair and blue eyes.

Heyes could easily imagine him sitting on the front porch with a little girl cuddled into his arms or teaching a lively boy how to ride a horse. The thought conjured a soft smile on his face. That’s what Jed Curry was originally made for – not the life on the run they were leading now.

In this future life would be no place for a screwed uncle, living nearby, throwing longing glances at the head of the family. Maybe there would be short visits now and then and unbelievable stories of a time long ago that were obviously barely true, but nothing more.

With his eyes he caressed the strong and tall body in his arms. The Kid filled him in every way and that made it even more important to let him go when the time eventually would come. But not tonight. He ran his fingers gently through the blond curls he loved so much. This night belonged to them and until the crack of dawn they only belonged to each other.