Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
268
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
3
Hits:
400

One Dead

Summary:

It's something anyone in command dreads hearing. One dead. Who could it be?

Work Text:

Story Notes:

From the episode The Man Trap this is the scene. CREWMAN [OC]: Transporter room to Bridge. Landing party returning. They report one death. 
SPOCK: Bridge acknowledging. 
UHURA: I don't believe it. 
SPOCK: Explain. 
UHURA: You explain. That means that somebody is dead and you just sit there. It could be Captain Kirk. He's the closest thing you have to a friend. 
SPOCK: Lieutenant, my demonstration of concern will not change what happened. The transporter room is very well-manned and they will call if they need my assistance.

 

 

My face did not betray me as I heard there was a casualty down below. I remained in control, logic prevailed once again. Miss Uhura, did not accept how I dealt with the loss however.
 
 
 To hear her say the words; that the captain was the closest thing I had as a friend, I cringed from her statement.
For, I may not have shown my reaction to her and the crew, I was troubled.
 
 
What if it is Jim that died on that planet? And yet, for some strange reason, I can still feel his presence. That spark of life he resonates I've come to know so well.
 
It would be a tragic loss to the crew to lose their captain; one who is so young and so well respected. 
 

I, as well, would mourn the loss of such a man.
 
As I wait for some response from the landing party, I can feel the human part of me breaking that Vulcan facade I have so tightly in place, wanting to give into emotion, the feeling of hope.