Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2016-01-15
Words:
1,067
Chapters:
2/2
Kudos:
1
Hits:
622

Gift Exchange Blues Series

Summary:

Blair gets someone's name in the gift exchange that he'd rather die than have.

Chapter 1: Gift Exchange Hell

Chapter Text

Title: Gift Exchange Hell
Type: Gen
Rating: Gen
Word Count: 462
Summary: Blair gets someone's name in the gift exchange that he'd rather die than have.
Warnings: Angst for shopping hell
A/N: This is going to be a two part story. This is part one.

Gift Exchange Hell

Blair was the last one to pick from the gift exchange hat and he was the unhappiest. Of all the people in Major Crimes, he got Rafe to buy for. First of all the gift limit was only $25.00 and what in the world could you buy for a snob like Rafe? You could look at some really nice ties, Sandburg. Stop feeling sorry for yourself.

Blair wished he could talk to Jim about it, but that was one of the rules, you couldn't discuss it with anyone else. Rules were rules. Blair knew he was going to have to watch Rafe and take notice of something he liked or did. I could always get him a gift card to the best place in town for men's clothing. But that's boring.

Blair knew he was going to have to wing it. Rafe walked up to Blair and asked, "Would you like to go to the pub with us tonight? Jim said he might go if you go."

"Sure, I'll go. Where is Jim, anyhow?"

Rafe smiled. "He's going to meet us at the pub, because he's meeting with a POI right now. He said he'd see us there."

"I thought you said, he would go if I went," Blair stated.

"I lied. Say you'll go. It'll be fun for everyone."

"Sure, I'll go, but could I ride with you. My car broke down."

"Yes, we're leaving in ten minutes." Rafe walked away and smiled.

I can watch him and see what I'm going to do for him.


At the pub, Blair was watching Rafe closely. He noticed that Rafe always ordered a drink with Bailey's Irish Cream. This gave Blair, hope.

The evening went well and Blair figured he had an idea at least. Blair mentioned that he liked Rafe's tie and Brown had told him that Rafe paid $50.00 for it. Okay, the Bailey's was looking better and better.

Jim asked, "You going to leave with me or stay here all night?"

Blair laughed and said goodbye to everyone and walked to the truck.

"That's a good idea about the Bailey's, Chief."

"How did you know that?"

"I saw you watching him all night long and figured you got his name. I won't tell."

"Thanks, Jim. For the ride and for the advice on the gift."

"No problem. You could always get him a funny shot glass to go along with it," Jim suggested.

"Oh man, you have helped me so much. Thank you. All I have to do now is buy it, wrap it and take it to the party in two days."

"Good luck, Chief."

"Thanks, man."

Blair was happier in the knowledge that he was done deciding on a gift for Rafe. Thank God for that.