Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandom:
Characters:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 25 of Dragon Verse, Part 2 of Dragon Verse Japan
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Updated:
2020-11-05
Words:
9,898
Chapters:
3/7
Kudos:
2
Hits:
1,690

Shining Delinquent Dragon

Summary:

Before he could stop her, not that he would, she was back on her boulder. From now on, I, Yamaguchi Kumiko, will shed tears from the heart with my cute students from Kurogin. (Gokusen Dramas)

Chapter 1: Prologue

Notes:

Gokusen 2 fic.

Chapter Text

Shining Delinquent Dragon
calikocat

Word count: 1235

XXX

Shin made his trek up the hill alone, rolling his eyes and smiling to himself...he could hear her passionately talking to her students all the way down here. Though how much a kindergarten class was going to take her words to heart there was no way of knowing. He wasn't even sure he'd be able to get her to leave this mountain area and come back to Tokyo. It had taken her a while to find a new job after Shirokin had closed down, it was hard for normal teachers to find jobs...for one who had been exposed as the Oujo of a Yakuza clan it had been nearly impossible.

SDD001 SDD002

But she had finally found one here in the country, and had been teaching here for two months, replacing another teacher who was on maternity leave. He was worried that she might be too settled in to come home, even though a notice had come in the mail for her, one that offered her a job at Kurogin. And high school math was what she really wanted to teach, not five year olds.

“Sensei. Daisuke took my banana.”

He tried not to laugh; they'd stopped her speech right in its tracks. Her voice was high and confused when she answered. “Hey Daisuke, don't take other's things. No, don't kick them either.”

“Sensei, I have to pee.”

“Huh? You have to pee?”

If Shin wasn't careful he'd lose control and simply roll down the hill laughing. Best let her know he was here before he gave himself away; he didn't want to start their reunion with bruises. “Oi, Yankumi!”

SDD003

She looked up, eyes wide and searching, going wider when she saw him jogging down the hill toward her. “Shin!” A jump and she was off the boulder she was perched on...though why she'd been up there making a dramatic speech to kindergarteners he could only guess. “What are you doing here?”

“I came to bring you home.”

“Who the heck are you?”

Shin glanced at the little boy who was pointing at him and then glanced back to Kumiko. “You're teaching them weird things?”

“Well...sometimes it just happens.”

SDD004

He snorted and leaned down to address the boy. “I'm her fiancé.” The class froze in silence and he grinned. “Oi, come and talk with me for a bit.”

“Shin, we're in the middle of class!”

He took her hand and led her away. “You've got a job waiting in Tokyo.”

“Eh?”

Shin turned to face her and pulled out the letter from his jacket. “Here.”

She accepted it and looked it over. “Kurogin Gakuen?” Hopeful eyes looked up at him. “I could teach high school again?”

“Yeah.”

Yankumi smiled, it was bright and hopeful and he'd missed seeing that dorky look...then it faded. “But I can't accept this offer.”

“Because of them?” He motioned to the group of children.

“Yes, the cute little children of Koyagi Kindergarten need me.”

“Yamaguchi-sensei.” They both turned to look toward the new voice to see four women standing with the kids. “Sorry, but you're fired.”

“Principal?”

“We've received complaint calls from parents.” The principal told her...and then the others joined in.

“You taught the children gambling card games.”

“Getting children to sing yakuza songs is a bit too much.”

“And your use of words seems to be problematic too.”

The principal smiled not unkindly. “The parents trust is our top priority. That's all.” She turned to the children. “Nap time.” They cheered and followed the group of women down the hill.

SDD005

Shin tried not to smile; this would mean his Kumiko would be coming home. She looked to the horizon and sighed. “Hey Shin, do you think this is god's way of telling me to teach at Kurogin?”

“Yeah.”

SDD006

“Alright.” Before he could stop her, not that he would, she was back on her boulder. “From now on, I, Yamaguchi Kumiko, will shed tears from the heart with my cute students from Kurogin.”

“You haven't even seen them yet.” He muttered with a smile.

SDD007

xxx

SDD008

The trek though their neighborhood went as it always did, whether she'd been gone for a day or two months, people greeted her just the same. “Ojou!” “Ojou welcome back!” “Wait, wait, I have something for you.” “Give my best to your grandfather!” It wasn't just for her though, the past two years had been good, and he'd been accepted not only as Kumiko's fiancé...but as the next generation boss. So along with the happy cries of “Ojou!” There were greetings for him as well. “Master Shin!” “Hello again Young Master!” “Ah, you brought our Ojou home!”

Kumiko smiled at him, her hand in his as they walked through the gates where most of their people had come to greet them. Men in suits and yukatas bowing and welcoming them home.

Ryuichiro met her at the entrance to the house. “Welcome home, Kumiko.”

She smiled and nodded. “Thank you, Grandpa.”

 

Dinner that night was a feast, and Kumiko commented that she was still surprised that so many had come to welcome her home.

“When they heard that Shin was going to bring you back for a local teaching job they couldn't wait to see you again, even though it had only been two months.” Ryuichiro told her.

“They're hoping you two will get married soon and carry on the line.” Wakamatsu grinned. “They're eager to greet the fifth generation.”

She blushed, and Shin knew he had too. “Oi, we haven't even set a date yet.”

Sugawara winked. “Now that she's home you can.”

“Oi!”

The rest of dinner went much the same, the house filled with happiness and laughter now that Yankumi was home where she belonged.

 

SDD009

As he slipped his shoes on to leave she stopped him. “Hey Shin.”

“What?”

“Thank you, for bringing me home.”

“Of course.” He smiled and she leaned in to kiss him. Then she tugged on his hair. “Oi.”

“Its silly isn't it? Going back and forth between your apartment and here every day.”

He lifted a brow and looked at her. “Are you saying I should move in?”

She blushed. “You would have your own room of course...until...” She faltered and grew redder. “It would be more convenient is all.”

Shin smirked and kissed her again. “We'll bring it up with Grandpa tomorrow.”

“I don't mind.”

They both jumped at Ryuichiro's voice, Kumiko actually shrieking and ending up in Shin's arms. “Grandpa!” He was sure they were both glaring at the old man, who was laughing so hard at them he could barely stand up.

“He spends so much time here anyway, he might as well move in.” He nodded at them. “Good night Shin.”

“Night.” When Ryuichiro left them alone Shin put her down. “I'll see you tomorrow after school...do you want me to walk you home?”

She thought about it for a moment before she nodded. “That would be nice.”

“I'll see you then.” He left her standing there with a smile and headed back to his apartment.

SDD010

XXX