Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
319
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
2
Hits:
601

Farewell

Summary:

Ben and Ray are blessed with a miracle but their joy is dimmed by the loss of a cherished loved one.

Work Text:

Please follow the link in Author's notes. Sorry if you're not connected to the internet and cannot access this story. Submitting to this archive is not the easiest task and I find I just don't have the patience to do so anymore.

Story Excerpt:

I attempt to walk toward the door where Mother Vecchio awaits us, but Ray suddenly grabs my hand and prevents me from taking the first step. His sorrowful gaze searches my face and I know he can see the anguish I feel deep within my soul.

"Ben, I'm . . ." He pulls me into his arms and once again buries his face against my chest. "I'm so damn selfish, Ben. Thinking only about myself and how bad I'm hurting. I know this is killin' you, too."

My arms circle around his lean frame and I don't even try to hide the tears that silently slip down my cheeks. "This is , indeed, a very difficult time for me. I have suffered the loss of many loved ones in my past, and this particular one hurts me deeply."

Tear laden kisses travel up and down my throat. "Why is life so unfair?" Ray whispers his question between kisses.

I cradle his head in my hands and pull far enough back so that I can look him in the eyes. There is so much misery reflected in their blue depths that I find I must close mine or else I will not be able to speak. "I don't have the answer to your question, but I do know that even though, at this moment, we feel that fate has dealt our lives a cruel blow, we must also remember the blessing it has bestowed upon us."

"But did our blessing have to come with such a high price attached to it? It's not fair. It's so fuckin' not fair."