Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2014-01-27
Words:
1,279
Chapters:
2/2
Comments:
2
Kudos:
5
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
942

The Returned

Summary:

The news on the TV had been showing people that have returned from the dead, but two Special Field Agents never thought that they would see the one's they loved back again.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Chapter Text

Disclaimer: “NCIS” and its characters belong to me they belong to CBS and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

Author’s Note: Kind of a crossover with the book The Returned, but not really.

 

 

The Returned

 

 

Anthony DiNozzo sat at his desk watching the news about the people who had returned from the dead to their families. He hoped that Ari never returned to his family to come back for Gibbs. He wondered about Kate would she be back? Would she come to NCIS if she did come back? What would happen if she did come back and what about their team? He had so many questions and he didn’t even know if she was back from the dead again. What about Paula? Would she come back too?

 

He blinked as the turned from the TV and got back to his work before Gibbs came back and gave him a head slap. He started writing in the folder that he had opened only glancing at the TV every once in a while. Gibbs too was looking at the TV and wondered about the many people that had been returning from the dead. He thought about his wife and daughter. He had caught Tony looking at the TV too and wondered what he was thinking about.

 

It had been a week later when somebody walked into the bullpen and just stood there. Tony was the first one to look up.

 

“Kate?” He blinked at the dark haired woman.

 

Kate smiled and turned to him. “Tony.”

 

“I can’t believe that you returned.” He said as he got up and hugged her.

 

Gibbs, McGee and Ziva all looked surprised. She turned towards the other two men who she had known.

 

“Gibbs, McGee” she said as she smiled.

 

“Kate it’s so good to see you.” McGee said as he too got up and hugged Kate.

 

Gibbs had said hello to her too, but gave her a handshake.

 

“Hello, my name is Ziva David.” Ziva said as she walked up to Kate.

 

“Hi Ziva. Glad to meet you.” She smiled at the woman who had taken her spot on the team.

 

“When did you come back?” Asked Tony.

 

“I came back last month. I was with my parents, sister and brothers.”

 

“Dr. Kate’s sister. We’ve met her. She did our evaluations.” Said Tony. “Dr. Cranston. She’s very nice.”

 

“Yes, I heard that she had met the team.”

 

“Dr. Cranston was your sister?” asked Ziva and McGee at the same time. Both of them looked at Tony. “You knew?”

 

“Yes, I knew.”

 

“So did I.” Replied Gibbs and then looked at the floor behind Ziva’s desk. “I found her sleeping behind the desk just like you did when we stayed at NCIS before Ari killed you. I covered her up just like I did you too.”

 

Kate smiled as she too looked at the space behind the desk. She remembered that time when she was put on protection detail because Gibbs was a target.

 

“Are you coming back to NCIS?” Asked Tony.

 

“I don’t know. I want to, but I don’t know. I have to talk to the Director about it to see if I can come back.”

 

She had made an appointment with the Director. When the appointment was over she was allowed to be back on Gibbs team, but not before she had to go back to school to become an Agent.

 

Tony smiled at the first day that Kate was allowed to be on the team. He watched as she started unpacking and put things away. It would be later that they would get married and have the life that Tony had wanted that he thought that would always be out of his reach.

 

“Grab your gear. Dead Marine in Rock Creek Park.” Gibbs said as he made his way towards the elevator.

 

They all made their way towards the elevator on their first case with Kate back on the team.