Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Character:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 56 of Criminal Minds After Series
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
399
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
2
Kudos:
3
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
848

After Final Shot

Summary:

small scene takes place after ep "Final Shot"

Work Text:

Aaron leaned forward against the balcony railing of his hotel room. It was a mild night but clouds obscured the stars. He blankly watched the city lights.

Dave appeared next to him and mirrored his position, facing forward. The lines of his body were relaxed in contrast to Aaron’s rigid posture. “Are you okay?” he asked quietly.

Aaron blinked. He kept facing forward. His neutral expression didn’t slip. “Yeah. It was a good shooting. I didn’t have time to wait. He would’ve killed her.”

Dave sighed. “I know. I also know that doesn’t always help.”

Aaron just grunted in response.

“JJ just told me the jet will be ready at 8AM tomorrow morning.”

“Good,” Aaron answered shortly.

Dave let the snippy tone wash over him. He nodded to the cell phone Aaron was turning over and over in his hands. “How’s Jack?”

Aaron stopped and slipped the phone back into his pocket. He flashed a small smile. “He’s great. Jessica bought him his Halloween costume today.”

Dave grinned. “What’s he going to be?”

“Ironman.”

Dave laughed. “I remember when Ironman came out in 1963.”

Aaron finally turned his head to look at Dave. He arched an eyebrow. “Really?”

Dave rolled his eyes. “I was eight. I collected comic books back then. It just goes to show that everything old becomes new again.”

“Is that how Derek makes you feel?” Aaron asked curiously.

Dave smiled warmly. “Let’s just say, he won’t let me feel old. You’re only as old as the man you feel up.”

Aaron snorted. “No details, Dave.”

“You asked.”

“My mistake.” Aaron slowly and deliberately faced forward again. He set his jaw in a firm line. “Jack told me that you remind him of Tony Stark,” he said dryly.

Dave straightened up, held his arms up, and gestured to himself. He grinned. “Rich, handsome, and brilliant crime fighter. It works for me.”

Aaron’s mouth barely twitched. “And arrogant. Yes, it certainly works.”

Dave arched both eyebrows. “Don’t forget an impeccable sense of style.” He rubbed his chin in an exaggerated show of thinking hard. “Does that make Derek Pepper Potts?”

Aaron laughed despite himself. The tight knot in his stomach suddenly unraveled and the tension left his shoulders. “Okay, I can’t hold it.” He stood up to face Dave. “Thanks, Dave.”

Dave gently took Aaron’s arm. “No problem. Now, let’s go meet the others for dinner.”

Aaron nodded. “Okay and Jack was thinking more along the lines of Nick Fury.”

“Derek with an eye patch.” Dave smirked. “That could be hot.”

Series this work belongs to: