Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
898
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
4
Hits:
661

The Shattered Shackles (07-Ghost)

Summary:

In a slightly alternate version of the ending of Seven Ghost, Teito is killed saving Frau while fighting Ayanami and the Kor. Reincarnated after fulfilling his third wish, he is found and taken in by Ayanami, but Teito has no memory of his previous life...

Work Text:

I – The Second Meeting

 

I want to die. Held roughly by yet another Trader, his “assets” praised and exaggerated to be exchanged for gold, Teito truly believed that death would be better. He had never been purchased, so why would they continue with this? Why not just kill him? A weak sigh escaped him. Ah, I want to die.

“He is, of course, virginal. Note his finely shaped limbs, and these features,” obediently Teito opened his bright green eyes, hearing the appreciative murmur from the crowd and wincing at the harsh gaslights in the underground room. “Truly a splendid item. The bidding will begin at 500.”

It won’t work, Teito thought to himself, closing his eyes again as he heard the whispers begin to circulate. No-one wants a battle-sklave as a bed-warmer. He could almost feel the iron against the skin of his lower back, burning the mark into him for a second time. He would have rather stayed in the arena.

“1,000.” His eyes reopened in surprise. The silver-haired man smiled coldly, his violet eyes fixed on Teito. “1,000.” he repeated. Even under the lethargy of the drugs, Teito felt a chilling fear run through him.

I would rather have stayed in the arena.

~          ~          ~

 

“Frau!” Castor pushed his spectacles up on his nose and glared at his long-time friend. “Why are you sneaking out of the church again?” The spiky-haired blond grinned sheepishly.

“Well you see, doll-freak, it’s like this…” his explanation was impeded by the puppet fastening its fingers around his neck. Castor loomed with a dark aura.

“You were going to search for “him” again, weren’t you?” Frau stopped struggling with the puppet and glanced down at the floor, eyes tracing the long-ago message that no-one could remove.

Forgive me, Teito.

I love you.

Live!

Castor followed Frau’s gaze, and his eyes softened. “Frau, he might not come back. You know better than anyone.” The blue-eyed bishop bit his lip.

“I know. But…” he glared determinedly up at his white-robed friend. “I can’t stop looking! What’s the good of being immortal if we can’t do something like this? If Teito reincarnates, then –!” Castor shook his head and sighed, allowing his doll to release the most stubborn of all the Seven Ghosts.

“Do what you like.” Frau nodded and ran off down the hall, his black coat flapping behind him like Zehel’s robes. Castor watched him worriedly. He knew how much it had hurt Frau to have been unable to save the boy, but he truly believed that if such a pure soul had entered the world again, they would have felt it. He also knew, however, that such reasoning would be lost on Frau. The blond bishop’s desperate search was his only comfort; the possibility of the child being born again as Mikage had once been was the only hope that tied the man to life.

“Perhaps I should talk to Labrador,” the red-haired priest murmured discontentedly.

~          ~          ~

 

If he touches me, Teito decided, I’ll kill him. If he was honest with himself, the young sklave wasn’t quite sure that he would be able to kill this man. Once his mind had cleared from the drug-induced fog draped around it, he had realized that the man was dressed in military uniform, most unfit for an underground auction. Teito watched his new owner warily, half-crouching on the bed of the lavish room in case the man tried anything strange. The officer, his badges marked him as such, turned from hanging his coat and cap and glanced at the boy’s position.

“No need for that,” he commented expressionlessly. “I won’t be using you as a “bed-warmer,” as I believe it’s called.” Slowly, Teito rose from his crouch. He didn’t trust this man. Something about his emotionless eyes and cold stare made him want to run as far as he could in the other direction. But right now that was impossible.

“Why,” his voice emerged as a croak, he swallowed and tried again. “Why bother buying me then?” The man chuckled, it was a horrible sound, devoid of any true joy, and only dry amusement was in his tones as he spoke again.

“You intrigued me. It’s not often a battle-sklave ends up in an auction.” Teito’s eyes narrowed into slits of green. He could sense the lie in the man’s words, a skill he had always possessed, and one that had saved his life many times on the front lines. This man was certainly interested in him, but for some other reason than mere curiosity. Even so, his claim to not desire Teito’s body was truth. The boy allowed himself to relax slightly, sitting on the edge of the bed, though his eyes still watched his buyer’s movements carefully. The man seemed content to sit himself in the chair opposite and ask, “Your name?”

Teito didn’t answer, his gaze still slitted as he took it the man’s sharp features, comparing them to the dim impressions from the auction house. His eyes, the boy decided, were undoubtedly the most unnerving thing about him. There was no light or warmth in those violet orbs. Were it not for the way they reflected the light, those eyes could be mistaken for the eyes of one who was already dead, a sight Teito was all too familiar with. He didn’t like the comparison.