Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
419
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
5
Hits:
554

Silver Lining

Summary:

Origanally written for a drabble challenge

Work Text:

“What does he look like?”

Mike didn’t have to ask who Leo was talking about. He continued staring out of the window at the rain; not knowing how exactly to answer his blind brother.

“It aint easy ta explain. You’d have to see for yourself.” Raph grunted, shifting his weight awkwardly as he glanced back towards where Donnie was working.

Leo inhaled sharply at Raph’s words but didn’t say anything; he knew that Raph didn’t mean anything by it.

Mike hummed thoughtfully to himself, absentmindedly tapping his finger against the windowsill. His eyes flickered between his hand and the rain before he sat up and looked back at Donnie.

“Don’t bother him.”

Mikey ignored Leo. He looked back and forth between his genius brother and the window a couple of times before calling out to Donnie.

“What is it Mikey?” Donnie sighed, not even looking up from his work.

“Just come here a minute.”

Curious, Donnie placed his tools down on the desk, wondering what Mikey would want with him.

Raph gave Mike a warning look, his good eye moving between his two younger brothers carefully as he tried to work out what Mikey was about to do.

AS Donnie approached them Mike sprang forward, twisting around to push Donnie out the door and into the pouring rain.

“What the shell did ya do that for?” Raph growled, trying to push Mikey out of the way to let Donnie back inside.

Since Mikey kept blocking his way Raph took off his jacket to throw it over to Donnie who’d started shivering, wrapping his arms around his chest to try and keep warm. Donnie quickly wrapped the jacket around himself, giving Raph a grateful smile, his eyes still clouded with confusion.

Leo stepped in-between Raph and Mike, his mouth opened to say something but the words seemed to die on his lips as his head shot up to face Donnie.

Donnie narrowed his eyes, studying the look on Leo’s face. He looked up at the sky, then back to Leo his eyes suddenly wide as if he’d just worked something out.

“Is it working?” Mike asked, stepping to the side so that Leo could step closer to Donnie.

“Yeah.” Leo swallowed, his voice soft as if he was afraid that something would change if he spoke to loud.

Leo closed his unseeing eyes slowly, committing the mental image to memory. “He still looks like a teenager.”

Raph looked between his brothers in confusion. “Can he actually see him?”

Leo nodded once but didn’t say anything.

“I saw it in a movie once” Mikey explained, answering Raph’s unsaid question.