Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 51 of Criminal Minds After Series
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
426
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
18
Hits:
937

After Alchemy

Summary:

small fic takes place after ep "Alchemy" -- line of dialogue borrowed from ep marked w/ *

Work Text:

Spencer expelled a long sigh as he opened his eyes. He blinked and blearily looked around. He was still on the jet, which was safely on the ground.

It was quiet. He shut his eyes again and concentrated on his breathing. He could still see her in his mind’s eye. “I want to hold you once before I’m a ghost of a memory,*” he murmured.

“Are you okay?” a voice asked softly.

Spencer blinked again and looked at Derek sitting across from him, next to a still sleeping Dave. Dave’s head was tilted back and away from them. Derek had the fingers of his left hand interlaced with Dave’s right. Their joined hands rested on Derek’s leg.

A small smile curved Spencer’s lips. “Yeah.”

Derek tilted his head to the side as he openly studied Spencer. “Are you sure?”

Spencer stretched in his seat. “Yeah. I feel surprisingly good. I feel a little less…” his voice trailed off for a moment. “…of the weight pressing down in my chest.”

“Do you want to tell me about it?”

Spencer’s smile didn’t waver. “Not just now.” He looked around again. “Where is everybody?”

Derek chuckled quietly. “We landed almost a half hour ago. The others are already gone.”

Spencer’s jaw dropped. “You’ve been watching me for a half hour.”

Derek nodded towards Dave. “No, I’ve been watching him.” He smirked. “Planning everything I want to do to him when we get home.” He arched his eyebrows evilly when he saw Spencer shift uncomfortably in his seat. “The side of his neck has been torturing me for a half hour.”

Spencer wrinkled his nose in distaste. “And why didn’t you wake me, so you can…” he shuddered in dread at the thought. “…get to it, so to speak.”

“Believe me. I was going to.”

“Well, don’t let me stop you.”

Derek shrugged and continued seriously, “I don’t know what to tell you. It was something about the way you looked. I couldn’t interrupt you. I had to let you come out of it on your own.”

Spencer thought on that for a moment. He nodded. “Thanks, Derek.” He grabbed his messenger bag from beneath his seat and stood. “Do me a favor and wait till I’m gone.”

Derek waved him a way. “Well, get your ass out of here.”

“I am. I am,” Spencer said hurriedly and turned away. “And you can tell Dave that he was right,” he threw over his shoulder.

“About what?” Derek called after him.

“Alchemy,” Spencer answered shortly and ducked out of the plane.

Series this work belongs to: