Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
419
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
6
Hits:
654

Turtle Traits

Summary:

Four very differant turtles

Work Text:

Clearly the dark green turtle had an attitude problem. He always seemed to be in a fight with his brother, for some reason.

He was easily the biggest of the four, and clearly the strongest, but not the leader. The forest-green turtle was the leader. The others always looked to him before acting, almost as if they were waiting to see whether he'd object.

The leader would be minding his own business and then somehow find himself in a vicious fight with the bigger turtle, seemingly for no reason at all.

Maybe it was because they both acted like the alpha male? But they were family, they'd grown up together... Could the two turtles really be that territorial?

The other two seemed perfectly content with their little family, only vaguely acknowledging the fights since they were so used to it.

The olive-green turtle was hardly ever in a fight, and seemed happy just to watch anything and everything. His shell was the only one that wasn't marked or chipped in some way, instantly giving the impression that he was the best behaved of the group.

The spotted sea-green turtle always seemed to be in some sort of trouble; he was often snapped at by the 'alpha' but rarely got into an actual fight. Currently he was wearing a waterproof bandage where he'd managed to cut himself, probably earning himself a fair-sized scar by the time it fully healed.

The four turtles probably never noticed that Chet was watching them, studying them for months and waiting until he would get the chance to get to know them better.

It had been six months since he'd started keeping an eye on them, but his waiting was finally over; he'd finally saved up enough of his allowance to pay for the four baby turtles.

Twenty minutes later he left the pet store with a glass bowl containing four confused baby turtles, who were wondering why they'd left the tank they'd lived in their whole life.

He had a plaster on one of his fingers from where the bigger turtle had had bit him, and one sleeve of his jacket was soaked where he'd had to right the sea-green turtle who'd fallen on to his back, but he still wore a big grin on his face.

"Don't worry. You're gonna love your new home." The teenager promised, smiling fondly at his new pets. "I…"

His sentence was cut off by the loud screeching of tyres rounding a corner down the street.