Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2013-04-04
Words:
1,943
Chapters:
2/2
Comments:
2
Kudos:
17
Bookmarks:
2
Hits:
1,336

Lonely World.

Summary:

This is a Minecraft fanfiction about Steve. More specifically, Steve after he wakes up in the new world, and what he does in that neverending, giant, lonely world. How he survives, what he feels, his thoughts, everything.

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Chapter Text

Steve awoke to the sound of a pig. It was a strange sound, but it was the first one he had heard. Ever. Steve stood up, and looked around the world. He did not question how a full-grown male such as him had appeared in this new world, or why he had no memories and only the basic survival intincts of an animal. He did not question the fact that he had clothing but no memory of how he got the items. He just accepted it all as normal. He spoke not a word as he looked around, for although he was a full grown adult, he knew only as much as a newborn baby, and knew not how to speak.

His world- he had already claimed it as his, much as a wolverine claims its territory- was nothing but plains for miles, with trees and the occasional animal breaking up the otherwise identical landscape. The pig that had awoken him was standing nearby, sniffling at the ground in search of something. Steve would never know that something the pig was searching for. He began to walk, away from the pig, away from the spot where he had awoken. He didn't know why he had started walking, or where he was going, but the drive of curiosity was enough to start him on what would become an adventure unequaled in all his world- for he was the only one there.

Steve walked up to a tree. It wasn't very tall, and slumped rather than towered over him. He reached up to touch a leaf- well, it was a clump of leaves, to be honest-, but to his surprise it disintegrated at his touch. A small thing fell from the now vanished block of leaves, a small thing that Steve immediately categorized as a sapling. He didn't know why he had called it that, but the name stuck as he pocketed the small thing gently. He had a feeling he would know how to use it later. He turned his attention from the swaying leaves overhead to the wood- again, the name came unbidden into Steve's mind- that supported the small structure. He again reached out, more hesitant this time to touch when he had seen the destructive effect he had, and caressed the wood. Its rough texture pressed into his palm gently, and he ran his hand along the surface to experience the pleasure of the second of the five senses that he was now aware of- touch. He took for granted the fact that he could see, and in color, and as thus didn't account it as a sense. For a few seconds the wood held up under his touch, but it too fell prey to whatever strange, desructive power Steve had, and vanished- to be replaced by a small, floating replica of the block he was just seconds ago touching. Steve drew back, wondering at the strange occurence- after all, how could the wood shrink to such a carryable size after he did naught but touch it? But after only a few seconds, an idea began to form. Perhaps.... Perhaps he could take this wood and use it to create something. Steve picked up the wood, and the idea turned into an action.

Steve quickly demolished the rest of the tree, and left nothing to mark the fact that the tree had been there except a patch of bare dirt, which grass grew over in a matter of seconds. Steve carried the wood easily, for his pockets seemed to be much, much deeper than they looked. But soon he withdrew a piece of the wood and looked it over, wondering if perhaps he could do something with it. After all, there was only five pieces there, and he needed much more to build the structure he had imagined. He turned the wood over and over in his hands, trying to imagine how to spit one block into four, when suddenly the strangest thing happened. The wood split into four pieces of new material, and Steve decided to call it a plank. Steve did the same with the other four pieces of wood, and soon he had twenty planks to work with. He began to build.

He ran out of planks quickly, and went to take more wood from a nearby tree. On the way, he saw a larger version of the sapling he had recieved placed on the ground. He pulled the small items- for when he destroyed the other tree, he had gotten several more- from his pocket, and tried to place them on the ground. They took root instantly, and Steve was glad that he could create as well as destroy. He destroyed more trees, and planted more saplings. He built his house and created a crafting bench, which was purely a mistake on his part. He discovered how to make a door and placed one on his exit/entrance hole, thus making the house secure. The bright orb in the sky, which had been slowly traveling its way across the blue expanse above Steve, was now nearly hidden by land. The blue expanse was getting darker, and smaller, whiter versions of the bright orb appeared out of nowhere. A larger white orb began to rise. Steve had no fear of the dark, and went outside to continue his discovery.

He touched a sheep, after finding it at the back of his house, and it jumped away and bleated out a cry of pain. Steve, who was still unkowing of the concept of pain, thought the sheep enjoyed his touch. He began to run around and chase it, trying desperately to stroke the soft creature. After he had touched it twice more, the creature fell over and dissapated into a cloud of particles and, strangely, two blocks which Steve dubbed wool after feeling it. Steve didn't know he had killed the animal, but he did know that it had left him things. He pocketed those two things, and went around in search of another sheep. He had killed a few more sheep before he first experienced pain, and realized what the sheep had felt.

It was near midnight, now, and Steve had seen nothing but sheep and pigs. He ws returning to his house when he saw something strange. It looked like it was make of white things- Steve didn't know what bones were at the time- and was holding a strange wooden thing. Steve didn't know it was a skeleton. He didn't know it was holding a bow. All he knew was that this was something new, and he was curious. As he neared the creature, he saw that it had no eyes, and had arms- like himself, he realized with excitement. Maybe this thing knew about things, and about Steve's strange power to destroy and create. But then he heard a sharp twang, and something embedded itself firmly in his arm.

Pain, the first Steve had ever known, shot through his body. He cried out, the first time he had ever used his vocal chords, and ran. He ran aaway from the thing, for which he had no name yet, and into his house. He slammed the door with his one good arm, and sat down on the bare floor to see what the thing was that was hurting him. He saw an item that he immediately dubbed an arrow, stuck in his arm near a quarter way up the shaft. He pulled at the arrow, hoping to get it free, but that only wiggled it and made the pain worse. He gritted his teeth and pulled. He managed to remove the arrow, and dropped the bloody item on the floor besides him. This was the first time Steve had felt pain, and he resolved to return the feeling to the creature that had hurt him. He stuck the bloody arrow in his pocket and got to work experimenting at the crafting table.