Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
539
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
5
Hits:
823

Mimetidae

Summary:

Knives/Legato

Work Text:

Knives had just finished giving Midvalley orders when he entered the kitchen and saw it. It sat confidently on the table, cool, calm and collected. It hadn't run at the light.

Moving a step closer Knives realized he wasn't alone in the kitchen. Legato had been sitting there in the dark. He didn't need light though. It hadn't moved. Knives got closer to and moved as if to strike it.

"Don't."
He gave Legato The Look, the one that said he really didn't believe Legato had the nerve to question him.

"It's harmless really." Legato reached out and picked up the spider, pulling it close to him as if shielding it from Knives. "See the yellow and black specks? This is one of the good spiders."

Knives shuddered in revulsion. "There are no good spiders."

"And there are no good humans?"

"Of course," said Knives, not seeing where Legato was going. "That's why I plan to wipe them out."

"Then what am I?"

"What?"

"Why haven't you killed me yet. I'm not any better than the other ones, am I? After all, I'm just a human as well."

"Yes, but you're slightly above them, you have you uses for now. I'll kill you when your skills have been exhausted."

Legato gestured toward the spider. "It has it's uses as well. In fact, I think we have a few things in common"

"Oh?"

"You know how most spiders eat butterflies?"

"Yes."

"This one here, he eats other spiders."

"Enlighten me."

"These spiders, Mimetidae's go to other spider's webs and vibrate to simulate captured prey." Legato gave him that look, the one that said 'hurt me.' "I really don't see how the other spider mistakes them for prey though.

"They're fast. Usually the prey-spider doesn't even see it coming. They're venomous to other spiders, and, they manage to paralyze their prey. Imagine that, being able to take away it's control over it's body. Sometimes the prey's still able to struggle requiring additional bites, but most of the time that's not the case."

"Fascinating."

"Do you want it killed still?"

"Put it in the basement. There are plenty of cobwebs down there. If they're empty it will starve. If they're occupied, it will take care of our spiders, and then starve. Either way the problem's solved."

"Have I mentioned how I like the way you think?"

"Not recently."

"Do you still want me killed?" A plea went unvoiced.

"Not yet, you still have your uses as well. Quit asking."

"Ok"

Comfortable silence reigned.

"You know... even though they're vicious when they attack Cannibal Spiders are some of the most gentle when it comes to courting.

Knives arched an eyebrow.

"It's true. It was in the article I read about them. So, if you want to see how similar I really am to-"

"You know, before you started to talk about spiders I was looking for you to fuck you. Now you've utterly ruined the mood."

And so, a night of great sex was missed out on by all and Legato decided it was finally time to stop looking for romance tips in the arachnology files stored on the computer and start looking for them in more common places like relationship self-help books.