Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
1,597
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
11
Hits:
829

One Rainy Day (At the SGC)

Summary:

Daniel loses his umbrella and Jack gets lucky.

Work Text:

Title: One Rainy Day (at the SGC)

Author: Getty

Paring: Jack/Daniel

Rating: PG13ish, after all it is slash!!

Betas: The lovely Holdt and Darcy. Last but not least my faithful beta of more than ten years IgnobleBard. He still makes writing fun!!

Feedback: Very much appreciated either through this site or to RadioFlyer2410@aol.com

Archive: Anywhere, just let me know so I can go visit.

Disclaimer: Sadly not mine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

By the time Daniel Jackson had gotten from home to the mountain, the grey skies had started to mist rain. He rooted about in his car for a moment but found nothing. Where was his umbrella? With a inward groan he remembered a sudden gust of wind had ripped it from his hand a few weeks ago. Oh well it was only light rain and he wasn't that far from the mountain entrance.

Two steps from his car and the heavens opened up into a torrential downpour and Daniel was soaked to the bone.

Some days it just wasn't worth chewing through the restraints he thought grimly to himself as he made a mad dash to the entrance.

~~~~~~~

Thirty minutes after he signed in at security Jack entered the SGC locker room. He turned a corner and there was Daniel in all his underpantsed glory wringing his clothes out over a sink.

“Uhhh Daniel?”

“Yes Jack.”

“I thought we had discussed the proper places to do your laundry.”

“That was Teal'c, Jack, oh and he still insists that fruit loops are not the food of warriors.”

Jack grimaced. “I've got to get him away from those two cafeteria ladies.”

Daniel cocked his head to one side and shot a confused look at Jack. “Ms Darcy and Ms Anne?”

“Yeah.”

There was a whole conversation in that one word and Daniel grinned at Jack, “They really are nice AND they are the only ones who, besides myself, understand the importance of coffee.”

“Which means I can't fire them as you would probably wither away and SG1 without it's premier archeologist, it..”

“..Is not going to happen O'Neill.”

Jack pulled his eyes away from his pointedly casual appraisal of Daniel's very fine body as Teal'c walked up beside him.”

“DanielJackson, is it laundry day?”

“No Teal'c, I lost my umbrella a few weeks ago and just haven't had time to get a new one.”

This was quickly turning into a go-nowhere conversation so Jack tried a different tack, “Daniel you could have just gotten a fresh set of BDU's from the laundry.”

“No can do, Sir.”

Jack looked around as Sam came up to stand beside Teal'c. She tossed a towel to Daniel. “You might want to cover yourself, Airman Holdt is lurking about in the hallway again.”

Daniel caught the towel with one hand. “Thanks.”

Jack scrubbed a hand through his hair. “Carter, why can't Daniel get a fresh pair of BDU's from the laundry.”

“They're closed for inventory, Sir.”

“Since when do they do inventory?”

“Since you left your yo-yo in the pants pockets of your BDU's and declared it a “national emergency”, Sir.”

“Carter,” Jack growled, “Thor gave me that yo-yo it has great “cultural significance”.”

Daniel could hear the air quotes in that one from a mile away as he began to run his pants under the hand dryer, over the roar of hot air he called out to Jack,“ Thor gave you that yo-yo because he knows bright shiny things keep you occupied.

“DanielJackson speaks the truth.”

Jack slid a sideways look at Teal'c. “Thanks big guy.”

“Speaking of the truth,” Sam looked over at Daniel, a devilish smirk crossed her lips. “I over heard Nurse Freyasboy talking to that new mail clerk Manicmea, they seem to think you and the Colonel would make a wonderful couple.”

Jack started to splutter and Teal'c slapped him on the back a few times.

“Has something gone down the right way O'Neill?”

“No Teal'c, it's the 'wrong' way but I'm fine.”

Grasping his chest somewhere in the vicinity of his heart, Jack made it to the nearest bench and sat down.

Daniel's eyes with that deer-in-the-headlights look never left Sam's face. Unconsciously he tightened the towel around his waist. “What do you mean “a couple”?”

Jack could hear the air quotes in that one a mile away.

“As in “hi honey, I'm home”.”

Now it was Daniel's turn to splutter. “Jack...me.. friends. We're just friends, anyone can tell by looking. Friends..you know.. just friends. ”

Her smile deepened into the Cheshire cat. “Or the “your place or mine”?” kind of relationship.

Behind her Jack groaned. “All of that because Daniel lost his umbrella?”

Teal'c turned to look at Jack. “I have heard the cafeteria ladies discussing whether or not you and DanielJackson use an umbrella when you are together, I told them you did, and that it was the standard 14 inch military issued one.”

Jack dropped his head into his hands. “No wonder Airman Liliana has been issuing me larger BDU's these days.”

“It would also explain all those anonymous love letters you've gotten recently too, Sir.”

Daniel jerked his attention from Sam to Jack, “You've been getting love letters?”

Never raising his head from his hands Jack replied, “They all went through the shredder but I think I recognized Ferretti's handwriting on one of them.”

“O'Neill have you and CaptainFerretti shared an umbrella?”

Jack jerked his head up, “NO. We've never, I mean I've never..just..friends.”

Before he could say anymore, Airman Holdt came bursting through the door zat in hand. “Everything OK in here Sirs, Ma'am? I thought I heard a commotion.”

Daniel tightened his grip on the the towel that was around his waist, “Uhh no airman, we're all OK in here. But thank you for being so alert.”

Teal'c went over to Airman Holdt, yanking the zat from her hand he shoved her back out of the door with an unceremonious thump.

“DanielJackson you must get your fan club under control.”

“I don't have a fan club.”

“Indeed you do, I am the Vice President.”

“Then why don't you do something about it?”

Jack looked up, a pissy Daniel in underpants, this had potential.

Smugly Teal'c replied, “That job belongs to the Sargent At Arms.”

Daniel narrowed his eyes. “SAM!”

Sweetly she smiled at him. “I'm the treasurer.”

Daniel was hopping mad, literally, he bounced from one leg to another trying to get his BDU's on. “All of this because I lost my..my UMBRELLA?”

Janet walked in and sat down next to Jack. “No dear, all of this is because there is a betting pool going around about how many times a day you and the Colonel need to use an umbrella.”

Gently she patted Jack on the arm, “I assured them you weren't 18 anymore Colonel and that your days of being hard enough to bore through granite were long gone.”

Sam pulled a twenty out of her pocket and handed it to Teal'c.

Pissy Daniel came back with a vengeance. “Teal'c you bet against Jack?”

Janet answered for him. “It's OK Daniel I assured them you weren't 18 anymore either.”

Teal'c gave the twenty back to Sam.

“So let me get this straight”, Jack gritted out.

Janet quickly stifled her snort of laughter at the look Jack gave her, but the grin didn't leave her face.

“Yes Doctor a poor choice of words. But I digress. The threat of Goa'uld attack, replicators, hell even an alternate universe and the SGC keeps going. But the talk of a highly improper relationship between Doctor Jackson and myself and the whole place grinds to a halt while everyone wants a piece of the action?”

Daniel's eyebrows shot into his hairline. “Excuse me?”

“My apologies Doctor Jackson. A piece of the action that apparently neither you nor I are getting from each other.”

Teal'c and Sam each handed Janet a twenty.

Lightly she laughed, “That about sums it up Colonel.”

Jack dropped his head back into his hands, “So help me I better not find out the General is in on this also.”

“He's not, but he did send me down here to find you all. Isn't SG1 due to be in a briefing,” she looked at her watch, “about right now?”

Daniel was out the door first, shrugging into his shirt. With Teal'c and Sam close behind.

Janet turned to Jack. “It's OK Colonel, the Doctor is always the first one to know and the last one to tell.”

She handed him the two twenty's and then added a twenty of her own. “Take Daniel out for a nice dinner.”

“Romance?” Jack grimaced.

Janet laughed, gently patting Jack on the arm again a few times before standing to take her leave. “You'd be surprised what can happen when wine and roses are involved.”

Then she left giving Jack a few minutes of peace.

Jack retied his boot laces. Time to go save the planet. Later if he played his cards right, maybe he could show Daniel that nifty new umbrella he bought a few weeks ago.


End


A/N: this quote “Some days it just wasn't worth chewing through the restraints” belongs to Liliana.


This quote “fruit loops are not the food of warriors.” Comes from a story called “Appassionato per l'acqua” by Lady of Asheru, the link is below it's a story I highly recommend.


http://www.thealphagate.com/viewstory.php?sid=488


Lastly, this was supposed to be a serious story to match the song that everyone has been contributing too. But instead it spiraled downward into a horrible mishmash of “umbrella” jokes. Thank you all for your patience and I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it!!