Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
407
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
13
Hits:
551

Birthday Hat

Summary:

Really short, stupid little thing about Jack, Will and Jack's hat.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Birthday Hat
by RogueSpike

Elizebeth was heading towards the deck of the ship, intending to go up for a bit of fresh night air, when she heard the yelling from the Captain's room.

"Take it!"

"No!"

"I said take it!"

"No!"

"Take the bloody thing!"

"No! It just seems wrong."

"Wrong?"

"Yes, Jack, wrong."

"Its just a bloody hat!"

Curiosity aroused, Elizebeth cracked the door and peered into the room.

Inside, Jack was holding out the hat that rarely left his head. Will had his hands raised and was stepping away from Jack, shaking his head as he went. Jack looked down right frustrated.

A giggle escaped Elizebeth when Jack swaggered forward and jammed the hat on Will's head. Will immediately reached for it but his hands were smacked by Jack.

Will lowered his hands in defeat, though an uncomfortable look remained on his face. "It feels strange. You're always so strange about this hat."

"Well now you can be strange about it, aye?" Jack winked at the younger man.

Will sighed but he was unable to help the amused smile that bloomed on his face. "Why are you giving this to me, anyway?"

Jack shrugged. "'S a present. You're birthday today, innit?"

Will's eyes widened in shock; he'd never expected Jack to remember his birthday. He reached up and touched the hat, the uncomfortable feeling suddenly being replaced by a strange, special feeling. "Thank you, Jack. But why you're hat?"

Jack shrugged again. "Don't have much else, now do I? 'Sides, was the most personal thing I could think of." He eyed the hat for a moment before a grin broke out on his face. "You know...that hat looks pretty nice on you."

Will's smile widened into a too innocent grin. "You think so?"

Instead of answering, Jack walked up and planted a kiss on Will as he backed him into the wall. Will wrapped his arms around his lovers neck and opened his mouth, inviting Jack in to play.

Elizebeth carefully closed the door and continued up to the deck. She leaned on the rail as she grinned to herself. She'd known something was off when Will had broken off the engagement a year ago. That explained a lot.

For a moment Elizebeth didn't move from her spot. Then her grin widened mischeviously and she darted back down below deck.

She'd be damned if she was going to miss out on this show.

END

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author RogueSpike.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.