Actions

Work Header

A New Dance

Summary:

Her brothers teach Venus to dance. Drabblish.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

A New Dance
by: Pirate Turner

 

"I do not understand," Venus protested, warily eyeing the four Turtles who she had been told were her brothers and who must be for they were the only other creatures in the world like she, "how maneuvering one's body parts in such silly postures could be fun."

Mikey grinned. "It's easy, dudette!" he told her. "Dancing's cool! Try it one time, and you won't go back!"

"Let your heart speak with the music," Donatello advised, jerking his arms and shaking his shell from side to side.

"It does speak," Venus agreed, looking doubtfully at his movements, "but not like that."

"Shut your eyes," Donnie advised, knowing how awkward it could be for some one who was shy to dance around others for the first time, even if they were family, "and dance like no one is watching."

Leonardo, dancing backwards next to his smart brother, nodded his agreement.

"But you are watching," Venus protested the obvious.

"Sheesh!" Raph muttered and shook his head sharply. "She's never gonna get it trying to listen to you two doing the ninjitsu of the dance, like there is such a thing! Look, Venus, babe," he told her, "you're graceful already. You're not gonna fall flat on yer shell, and we wouldn't let ya any way. But I see yer foot's tapping to the music. Let it lead."

Venus' puzzlement continued to grow. "Let my foot lead?" Her knee jerked.

Suddenly, all four brothers were agreeing. Listening to them, she slid her foot out; the rest of her body followed suit. What began as a tapping in her foot seemed to grow up her body, through her legs, into her very shell and heart, and out her arms. Her eyes were wide and round as she started to jerk as much as they were, but slowly, a grin started tugging at her mouth. "You're right!" she exclaimed at last, her eyes shining as she laughed. "This is fun!"

Unbeknownst to the turtles, Master Splinter had arrived home early to find the lair thumping with their loud, rock and roll music. He had listened to his sons, however, while guiding their sister into her first youthful dance. Now he stood in the shadows watching them as they laughed, danced, and grew as a family. The wise Sensei smiled; his long, wiry tail tapped in time to the music. Maybe this modern music wasn't so bad, after all.

The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.