Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
507
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
10
Hits:
829

'Bout Time

Summary:

Donatello is tired of running.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

'Bout Time
by Pirate Turner

He's tired of running. He's spent his life running from or up against one enemy or another, his childhood hiding from the humans above, and this agonizingly long night running from his own brother and thoughts he knows he shouldn't be having but can nonetheless stop. He's still staring at him, watching his shell rising and falling shakily with his labored breathing, when Donnie finally begins to have enough. This is the one time in his life when he can take advantage and do something he shouldn't without hurting any one, and nobody will ever have to know.

It's something he's thought about for years but never dared attempt for fear of losing what he cherishes most in all the world, his family. If his brothers ever suspected how he felt, they'd laugh at him, but Master Splinter . . . Donnie loves his Sensei and has never questioned his authority or beliefs, but he knows that, if he ever suspected the wicked thoughts that enter his mind many times every day, he'd abandon him and kick him out of their family, no matter how many times he says he loves him greatly and would never leave him.

He knows this is wrong, and yet, he's wanted this since he was old enough to spell amorousness and has only ever felt the condition for one. He has also dreamed of this moment since then, when he might finally taste the sweet beak that beckons him forth still in this quiet, midnight hour. Donatello leans closer, watching his brother's still face. Mikey will live, and he's endlessly thankful for that, but his little brother will still need hours of care. Donatello's happy to give him the loving care he needs and much more, but he wishes he would wake just long enough for his calculations to be proved correct.

If he did awaken, however, Donnie knows that he'd be forced further away from him again than he is currently. He is now leaning down to within just a breath of air to his brother, closer than he has been since they were children. His tail wags at the mere thought of their approximation to each other. He lays a hand on Mikey's forehead, telling himself he'll just check his temperature again, but his betraying hand slides further down to cup his beloved brother's green cheek.

Donnie stills. He can hear both their hearts beating in the quiet stillness of his laboratory. He can do this. He can live his dream, and no one will ever have to know. As quick as a wink, before he can pull himself away or try to ignore the thoughts that have seemingly forever plagued him again, Donnie leans down and brushes his beak against Mikey's. Thrills shoot through him; his tail trembles within his shell.

Then, he stills in horror as Mikey's eyes open and look directly up into his. "'Bout time." Mikey grins, laughs, and makes Donnie's most cherished dreams come true as he kisses him back.

The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.