Actions

Work Header

One-Way Trip To The Twenty-First Century

Summary:

Saturn Girl tells her new friend the truth about who she is and why she left the Legion.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

It happens to be on the one day after Thanksgiving known as Black Friday that everyone would hit the stores for the best holiday goodies on sale.

It was also on that very day that a beautiful blond maiden was sitting alone at a Burger King and placing her hair in a curl with her finger while having a depressed look on her face.

That was before a handsome young stud named Michael Brewster had placed a tray of food in front of her and asked, "Are you okay, Emma? You seem to be down about something."

That was before Emma took a deep breath and said, "Michael, I really hate to tell you this. But my name is really not Emma Anderson. It happens to be Imra Ardeen and I came from the planet Titan in the Thirtieth Century."

And as soon as Michael took a bite of his Double Whopper, Emma sighed and said, "I know that you won't believe me, Michael."

"What makes you say that, Cupcake?", asked Michael before Emma told him that she actually was a member of the Legion of Super-Heroes known as Saturn Girl until some problems with her marriage to a fellow Legionnaire whose code name happens to be Lightning Lad had forced her to quit the Legion and use a device to take a one-way trip to the Twenty-First Century and make a new life for herself.

That was before she took a bite of one of the onion rings and said, "But now, I feel that I had made a mistake."

"No, Emma. What you had done is not a mistake.", said Michael while he was offering Emma a sip of his Pepsi. "You actually made a truly good point about what you want in your life. Relax. Be happy."

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Andrew Troy Keller.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.