Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Characters:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 12 of Criminal Minds After Series
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
539
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
12
Hits:
812

After Supply & Demand

Summary:

small scene takes place after the ep "Supply & Demand"

Work Text:

Dave let out a relieved, tired sigh when he finally got through his front door. He locked the door, leaned against it, and shut his eyes for a long moment. Then he went through the first floor of the house, making sure all doors and windows were locked. He set the security system, turned off the lone lamp Derek left on for him in the front room, and trudged up the steps to the second floor.

He hung his jacket in the closet and locked his gun away. Then he followed the cool, mellow sound of Ella Fitzgerald into the master bathroom. He found Derek dozing in the oversized tub of hot water lightly scented with jasmine.

He smiled and rolled up his sleeves. He grunted as he eased down onto his knees next to the tub. He slipped a hand under the water to lightly trace the blooming bruises on Derek’s torso.

Derek didn’t move or open his eyes. However, he smiled lazily. “What took you so long?”

“JJ,” Dave answered quietly. He watched in fascination the way the light and water played off Derek’s skin. “She was waiting for me in my office.”

“Really?”

“She wants to come back.”

“Good. We could use her.” Derek frowned. “But she could’ve waited until a more reasonable hour,” he huffed. “She knows you’re supposed to be home with me.”

“Well, I’m here now.” Dave continued lightly touching Derek. “Do they hurt?”

Derek smiled again. “I’m fine, just a little sore. I hate to say it but that giant took me by surprise, but you had my back.”

“Always.” Dave smirked. “I’ve never seen anyone throw you around like that.”

Derek wrinkled his nose in distaste. “And you won’t see it again.”

Dave couldn’t ignore the expanse of Derek’s bare throat any longer. He cupped the water and let it drizzle down over Derek’s skin. His fingertips gently followed over Derek’s throat and chest. “You returned the favor,” he said, low but intent.

Dave’s tone of voice and the whisper of a caress produced a moan from deep in Derek’s throat. He arched into Dave’s touch.

“I didn’t realize until too late that she was armed,” Dave admitted. “She would’ve had me.”

Derek’s eyes snapped open. He held Dave’s gaze. He bared his teeth. “That’s what the bitch gets for daring to point a gun at you.”

Dave didn’t look away. He cupped the side of Derek’s face. He ran his thumb over Derek’s cheekbone. “We had a couple close calls today but we’re both okay.” He chuckled wryly. “And I’m beat.” He started to rise. “We have about six more hours before we have to be back in.”

Derek surged forward, grabbed Dave’s head, and kissed him, hard. He ran his wet fingers through Dave’s dry hair. He held him still as his tongue swept through Dave’s mouth.

Dave eagerly returned the kiss. He cupped the back of Derek’s neck with one hand while the other still lightly caressed Derek’s bruises.

Derek finally broke the kiss with a gasp. He snatched a towel from the nearby rack. “Neither of us is too tired. You’d better be naked in bed by the time I get there.”

Dave grinned. “You got it.”

Series this work belongs to: