Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
201
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
12
Hits:
973

"It's a Wonderful Bat Life" snippet

Summary:

A Christmas snippet inspired by the movie "It's A Wonderful Life."

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

"It's a Wonderful Bat Life" snippet
by Wayne Ligon

Batman clutched Jason Todd's twitching body to his chest as bright red and yellow bits rained down around him. "NOOO! I wish I'd never been born!!!"

Oh, you mustn't says such things, Deadman said.

....

Batman clung to the spire and overlooked a dead, blasted, diseased, poisoned, burnt and looted city. Nothing moved. Nothing stirred. Birds that were stupid enough to fly over the city at less than a mile dropped like tiny cold missles.

Deadman wrinkled his brow. Ok. Maybe showing you the world like it would be without you was not the object lesson I had hoped it would be.

....

"Merry Christmas, Giant Penny! Merry CHristmas robot dinosaur! Hahaha! Merry Christmas, Mister Luthor!"

"Bah! Go on home, they're waiting for you there!"

....

 

*Dingledingle*

"Look, Mither Wayne!" the child said said as Bruce Wayne hefted her to up next to the Christmas tree. All around them, the swirl of people come to save Wayne Industries sang 'Hark the Herald Angels Sing'. "Teacher says, 'every time a bell rings, a bat gets it's wings!'"

Outside, Tim Drake - now Robin - made to swoop away from the penthouse. 'Close enough' he thought, and grinned.

 

Heh :)

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Wayne Ligon.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.