Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
269
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
13
Hits:
854

A Different Kind Of Transformation

Summary:

A missing John/Elizabeth scene from the episode "Conversion"

Work Text:

"Elizabeth," John calls as Elizabeth Weir walks to her office. He's been cooped up in the infirmary for a couple of weeks while he finishes the therapy to complete the transformation back to fully human form, and the time out of the loop was getting to him.

"Should you be up?" Elizabeth asks. Sheppard notices the slightly defensive posture that she's taken, memory of his near-assault of the woman in his quarters still fresh in his mind. 

Giving her a smile, John says, "Yeah, well, I got tired of staring at the walls. And McKay and I've watched every single season of Doctor Who. Twice. I'm just itching to do something." After a beat, he raises his hand to rub the back of his neck, and says, "Plus, I wanted to apologize."

It kills John that Elizabeth once again flinches ever so slightly. "It's okay, Colone-"

"No it's not," John manages, voice firmer than he'd wanted. He reaches out, putting a hand on Elizabeth's shoulder, quietly adding, "That wasn't right of me to do... What I did to you."

Shaking her head, Elizabeth says, "That's just it, John. It wasn't you. It's okay."

John lets out a sigh, dropping his hand to his side. "Still..."

"You can make it up to me," Elizabeth quickly offers. At John's curious expression, she says, "How about dinner?"

Hiking his thumb behind him, John starts, "The mess is having-"

"No," Elizabeth interrupts. She reaches out, tentatively grasping at his hand. "Just you and me. My quarters? 1900 hours?"

Smiling, John squeezes Elizabeth's fingers gently, admiring her strength. "Cool."