Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2012-11-12
Words:
6,886
Chapters:
11/11
Comments:
1
Kudos:
46
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
3,107

An Eye for An Eye

Summary:

John Watson has to move on after Reichenbach, because Sherlock is gone. Isn't he?

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Notes:

Post - Reichenbach

Chapter Text

John sat in his chair, balancing a mug of tea on his left knee. He sighed quietly, and raked a hand through his shaggy hair. He watched as the big toe on his right foot, scratched his left one. Brows furrowing slightly, his eyes shifted to the window, the curtain flapping in the light breeze, before his eyes rested on their usual spot: Sherlock's chair. Sherlock's empty chair.
Footsteps on the stairs, he turned his head, already knowing it was Mrs. Hudson.
"John, dear......How are you feeling?" Mrs. Hudson says quietly.
He can find no words that can capture just what he feels, that she, or anyone else would understand. He makes a noise somewhere between a laugh and a cry. Mrs. Hudson coos comfortingly, and comes around to put an arm around his shoulder.
"Don't!" he shouts "Don't...don't touch me, please." He sounds like a complete nutter even to his own ears, but it just explodes from him sometimes.
"Alright, dear, it's fine, I understand" Mrs. Hudson smiles weakly, and John can see that she does. "You really should get out.....Mycroft says he arranged for you to see your therapist again. I know it's hard dear, I do, but you need to talk to someone, anyone."
John had to look away then, and he nodded sharply, acknowledging that she was right. Of course she was. He pulled himself to standing, sitting the tea on the desk, and went to the window. Nudging aside the curtain, he saw that there was a cab waiting at the curb out front.
"Mycroft was pretty sure I would go, hmm?" He gave a mirthless half grin.
"You know Mycroft..."Mrs. Hudson said, spreading her hands out in front of her as if showing how frustrating he could be.
"Pffftt...." John let out a annoyed breath. "Fine". He walked over to the couch, and started to slip on his shoes.
"Aren't you going to get dressed, dear?"
John looked down at his plain, white tee shirt, and striped pajama bottoms. He shrugged, what was the point? Shoes finally on, he stood up, and followed Mrs. Hudson from the flat, locking the door behind him. He waited until Mrs. Hudson was safely inside her own flat, before he ventured outside.
"Right then" He drew a deep breath, opening the door to the cab, and slid in.