Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2012-12-13
Words:
2,581
Chapters:
2/2
Kudos:
28
Bookmarks:
2
Hits:
1,666

He's Mine

Summary:

Logan and Remy have been together for a few months and everything seems to be going great but can the peace and quiet last?

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Notes:

Betaed by Wolverine6claws, much thanks!

Chapter Text

The last eight months had been the best Remy could remember ever since the moment Jean-Luc gave him a home and a family. Perhaps it was no surprise then that this time around it was also because of Remy finding a new home and a family – Logan. What started out as physical attraction and a thrill between the sheets had morphed into something much more, although neither had bothered to give it a specific name. It hadn't been an instantaneous transition of course, and it hadn't been easy all the time, but in the end, Remy felt like it was meant to be and nothing - not Warren, not Sabertooth, not even Sinister - could rain on his parade.


Even his Stormy said that the smile on his face had been of genuine happiness and not the usual impenetrable cocky mask, much to her own joy as Remy had noted. She said it reached his eyes and he had to agree, he was feeling much better than he had in a long time thanks to his Wolverine. The slight changes hadn't been visible only on him though, Logan was undergoing a few changes as well. Less prone to going feral without great provocation or leaving for long stretches of time, the Wolverine seemed somehow more mellow, not that anyone would dare tell him that. Yes, life had been treating both of them pretty damn well as of late.


Smiling as he thought of all that, Remy continued chopping the vegetables, keeping an eye on the sauce bubbling on the stove. They weren't celebrating an anniversary per se but he enjoyed spoiling his man from time to time, especially since it was less stressful on Logan to eat fancy at home than to go to a posh restaurant where he would feel like a bull in a china shop. It was much better this way, not least for the fact that Remy had found out that Logan was more likely to cuddle on the couch with a stomach full of his culinary creations. Or as close to a cuddle as Logan would ever admit in the silence of the night when he thought nobody could hear him. In public he'd probably call it `letting Remy curl up against his chest' with mock exasperation, although Remy knew Logan secretly enjoyed it as much as he did. The Cajun didn't really care what his lover preferred to call it so long as they could continue doing it anyway and he cared what the others thought about it even less.


His thoughts were interrupted by the unmistakeable sound of a Harley nearing the boathouse which was Remy's current residence. He smiled and put Logan's big steak on the pan before he went back to the vegetables, hurrying up to finish them. His own steak had been on the pan for a while now but he knew that Logan preferred his meat as raw as possible and so he had waited for the last second. By the time Logan parked his Harley and entered the kitchen, Remy had already served the food on their plates and was opening a bottle of red wine for himself while a cold six-pack of Canadian beer waited for Logan in the fridge. Sweeping the room with a quick glance, Logan gave Remy a wolfish grin; he had smelled the delicious aroma even before he opened the front door, but seeing the feast made his mouth water even more. Especially when he saw Remy in the tight clothes he preferred to wear even at home as he bent over to get the beer; but there would be plenty of
time for dessert later.


"See you've been busy darlin'." Logan walked the short distance to Remy and trapping the all-too-willing Cajun against the fridge, he forced his head down for a passionate kiss. "You're spoiling this old dog, precious...not that I'm going to complain."


"You're no old dog, mon amour. And you're mine to spoil all I want."


Logan returned Remy's mock challenging stare with a feral grin. "Is that so?"


"Qui. Mon loupgarou, mine to spoil."


"Hmmm. Guess I better spoil you a bit as well then." Logan couldn't help but chuckle as he saw the almost childish glee in Remy's eyes at the prospect of getting something he didn't know about.... but first things first. "Later darling, now we eat since you went to so much trouble to prepare all this."Had he been a lesser man, he would have surely caved under Remy's big puppy eyes, but Logan held his resolve. Especially knowing what he had gotten his boy.


"You're mean, mon amour, but I love you anyway."


Sticking his tongue out, Remy sat down on the stool on his side of the table and dove into his food without a preamble. Logan didn't stay behind and, plopping down on his own chair opposite the Cajun, he tore into the big juicy steak waiting for him. He was grateful for Remy acknowledging his less than common tastes and not wanting to change him; Remy simply kept his steak very raw and kept the vegetables down to a bare minimum compared to the mixed assortment on his own plate. Unlike some of the women Logan had been with before, Remy didn't find his affinity for raw meat disgusting in the least, not even when some of the juices ran down his chin.


They talked very little, Remy taking Logan's loud chewing and swallowing as a compliment to the chef rather than a lack of manners while he quietly but hungrily devoured his own meal. Once the food was finished, Logan offered to help wash the dishes; he'd do it by himself but he knew that Remy would use the time to search for whatever it was Logan had brought him and that just wouldn't do. Between the both of them, the dishes, pots, and pans were clean within a few minutes, making Remy practically bounce in excitement. Shaking his head in amusement, Logan grabbed what was left of the six-pack and led Remy to the living room to present the carefully packaged gift he had left on the coffee table. Tearing the paper into shreds right away, making Logan wonder which one of them had claws, Remy opened the package and gasped.


"Logan, is this really...?"


"Yep. Had to call in a few favours, but I heard you say you couldn't-"


He was suddenly interrupted by an armful of overjoyed Cajun. Barely keeping his balance under the weight of his lover, Logan grinned at the enthusiastic little thief. It hadn't been easy to get the in-depth plans for one of Vegas' biggest and best guarded, state-of-the-art safes, but the reaction was well worth it. He sat down on the couch and watched Remy carefully take the plans as if they were some ancient holy scripture before curling against his chest and diving right into them making it seem like the single most interesting thing he had ever read. He knew that Remy would be preoccupied now and turned the TV on; there was a hockey game he wanted to watch and the best way to enjoy hockey was with a cold one in his hand and Remy in his lap. Remy didn't particularly care for the sport, but while it was on he enjoyed lounging against Logan and reading an alarm manual or playing with a new set of handcuffs or something similar so that he and Logan could still spend time together even when engaging in very different hobbies.