Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Characters:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 1 of Criminal Minds After Series
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
754
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
16
Hits:
1,052

After Soul Mates

Summary:

small scene based on ep "Soul Mates"

Work Text:

“I don’t get it,” Jordan said. She frowned as she followed the rest of the team into the hotel. “Harris was more interested in his partner than saving his daughter.”

Spencer turned to face her, walking backwards, and almost bumped into Emily. “They filled a need in each other and he had to say goodbye to that.”

Jordan hugged her arms across her chest. “It’s terrible.”

Emily gently turned Spencer to face forward. She held onto his arm. “At least we got ‘em. Come on. Let’s get a drink at the bar. I’m sure we could all use it.”

Hotch begged off. “Haley was going to let Jack stay up late. I said I’d call.”

Dave gave a tired smile. “I’m not in the mood. See you guys in the morning.”

Derek watched them, or more specifically Dave, walk away. He noticed Emily watching him. He shrugged. “Okay. I’m in.”

Derek sat around the table with the others. He let their voices wash over him. He kept thinking about Dave, the way Dave didn’t look at him in the car, the way Dave tensed when he stepped too close.

There was warm breath against his ear. “Earth to Derek.”

Derek started and glared at Emily next to him. “What?”

Emily grinned in the face of his displeasure. “What’s eating you?”

Derek rolled his eyes. “What makes you think anything’s eating at me?”

Emily snickered. “Cause you haven’t touched your beer or noticed that Jordan convinced Reid to dance with her.”

Derek’s eyes flickered over to the dance floor. He automatically catalogued the fluid way Jordan moved and Reid’s jerky, spastic responses, but he really didn’t care. He went back to staring at nothing.

Emily rested her chin on Derek’s shoulder. “I’m sure Dave’s still up,” she said quietly, without any traces of her earlier humor.

Derek clenched his hands into fists under the table. “So?”

“So,” Emily drawled as if she thought he was being especially dense. “Don’t you have something you want to tell him?”

“Like what?”

“Like you didn’t mean it.”

Derek looked at her blankly. “I didn’t?”

Emily squeezed his arm. “You wouldn’t be moping in your beer if you did.”

Derek squeezed his eyes shut. He grunted and shook his head in annoyance. “Damn. You’re right.”

“Garcia isn’t here to hit you upside the head with a clue by four. Someone had to do it. I think she’ll be proud of me.” Emily paused and pinched him, hard. “And not so pleased with you if you don’t get your ass moving.”

“Yeah. Yeah,” Derek grumbled but didn’t hesitate in standing. He frowned down at her. “But what do I say?”

Emily waved him away. “Something will come to you.”

Derek was almost in a daze as he walked across the lobby. The elevator ride was too long and yet too short. And he still couldn’t think of anything to say when he stood outside Dave’s door. He raised a hand to knock, noticed it was shaking, clenched it into a fist, and pounded on the door.

A few seconds later, Dave yanked the door open. His eyes flashed. “Do you want to wake the whole floor?” he hissed.

Derek rubbed the back of his neck. “Sorry,” he muttered.

“What do you want?” Dave growled.

“I…” Derek began but the words wouldn’t come.

“Good night, Morgan.”

“Fuck it.” Derek swiftly pushed Dave back and followed him into the room. He kicked the door shut, shoved Dave into the nearest wall, pressed their bodies together, and kissed him.

Dave bit Derek’s lip, hard. He shoved Derek into the opposite wall and attacked his mouth with lips, teeth, and tongue. He planted a hand on the wall to either side of Derek’s head.

The temperature in the room seemed to jump twenty degrees and Derek wanted more. He pulled Dave closer. When the kiss broke for air, he tilted his head back to expose his throat. “I was wrong. I didn’t mean it,” he babbled. “I was so wrong. I know what it’s like to be in love with another man. I just didn’t know it.”

Dave nuzzled the side of Derek’s neck. His voice was rough. “Really?”

Derek shuddered in pleasure. “God, yes.”

Dave nipped Derek’s hot skin. “You have no idea how it felt when I heard you say that. I felt like I’d been kicked in the gut. I guess I know what it’s like too.”

“Make love to me, David.”

Dave slid a knee between Derek’s legs. “With pleasure.”

Series this work belongs to: