Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
258
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
501

Kiss Me Alive

Summary:

Love rejuvenates.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Kiss Me Alive
by Pirate Turner

 

        She was so thoroughly exhausted after defeating Ogun again that all Kitty really felt like doing was curling up into a tight ball, Lockheed snuggled in her arms, and sleeping for a month. But she wasn't done with the States yet. She wasn't about to leave without making one detour back to her home.

        That should've been Deerfield, she reflected, but her hometown hadn't been her home for years, not since she'd been a little girl first learning what it means to be a mutant and, more importantly, an X-Man. At that time, she'd been so young and naive that any adventure had excited her.

        Tonight, however, she was weary of adventuring and saving the world. Her very soul was exhausted from constantly pushing herself to be the best X-Woman she could. But there was one thing, one person, of whom she never got enough.

        Kitty skirted around the main school gates and doors. She walked on air, Lockheed flying beside her, to go to the attic and knocked on the same window she had when she'd first fallen in love as a starry-eyed child.

        Ororo opened the window and covered her in hugs they had both missed for far too long. There was no longer a need to hide; yet, they still did as Ororo carried Kitty into their home. Kitty clung to her. Ororo kissed her, reawakening her soul, rejuvenating her being, and showing them both the wonders of their love that would never die but always save.

The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.