Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
258
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
7
Hits:
525

Like A Rock

Summary:

Irene knows Raven isn't as strong and heartless as she forces herself to appear to the rest of the world.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Like A Rock
by Pirate Turner

 

        "Raven, don't do this."

        "Irene," Mystique growled fiercely, her pupilless, yellow orbs glowing, "this is not the time and place. Stand down, Destiny."

        "No!" Irene exclaimed as silent tears started to race down her wrinkled cheeks.

        "It's okay, Destiny," their daughter called from behind her. "Ya don't have ta stand up fer me. Ah can take care o' mahself now, thanks ta th' Professah."

        "Where's your cherished Professor now, huh, girl?"

        "He's comin'. They're all comin'. Ah'm nevah alone any more, but y'all wouldn't understand that, would ya, Mystique?"

        Mystique gestured with her gun. "Move, Destiny. Let me fill this thankless girl full of lead."

        "NO!" Irene was weeping openly now. "You're not thinking clearly, Raven; this isn't you. If you want to kill Rogue, you'll have to go through me first!"

        "What makes you think I won't?"

        "Because I know you, baby. You won't hurt me, and if you were thinking right, if you weren't hurting so, you'd never threaten Rogue."

        "THAT BITCH CAN'T HURT ME!" Raven screeched, but her gun shook.

        Irene started closing the distance between them, holding her hands out to her love. "Go," she hissed at Rogue. "Go now, child, if you ever loved us."

        Rogue flew, crying, and Irene caught Raven and caused her shot to go wild. "YOU MADE ME LET HER GO!" Raven wailed. She railed against her beloved Irene, and Destiny took her hits calmly until, at last, Raven collapsed. Then she held her love, through the night, as she wept.

The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.