Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
207
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
17
Hits:
604

Bitter Love

Summary:

Their bitter love would be the end of them.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Bitter Love
by Pirate Turner

 

        Irene stood alone in the ashen battlefield after everybody else had left. She turned, hearing a soft, hissing sound steadily coming closer to her through the burned grass. She bent and held out her hands; the snake came right to her. She stroked her love's scaly skin, then stepped back and allowed Raven room to transform.

        "Sssshe hit me!" Raven cried as soon as she had a mouth. "She hit me with a blow that could've killed me!"

        "She panicked. The child did not mean to harm you so much," Irene consoled as she took her life partner gently into her arms.

        "She could have killed me!"

        "She panicked. You were about to kill the man she believes can free her of Carol's ghost."

        "He can do nothing for her that we can't!" Raven spat angrily.

        "I know, my love; I know," Irene soothed, tenderly running her fingers over her sweetheart's aching face. She held to her beloved Raven as she wailed on about their daughter who had forsaken them, keeping her own tears inside as she reflected on the path she had forseen for them all where the bitter love between mother and daughter would seal all their dooms.

The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.