Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
259
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
11
Hits:
573

The Best Laid Schemes

Summary:

There's only one thing Mystique wants right now, but she'll have to settle for something less.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

The Best Laid Schemes
by Pirate Turner

 

        "Raven, dear," Irene called, carrying in a tray of leftover Chinese and wine, "it's time you got up."

        Raven buried deeper into her pillow. Big and filled with downy feathers, it was one of her few luxuries. Irene had bought it for her. Too many days had passed with Raven unwilling to leave its fluffy comfort. "No. Those damn X-Men! They always foil the best laid schemes!"

        Irene set the tray down, sat beside her love, and stroked her back. "Is there anything I can get you?"

        "Yeah," Raven growled. She fired her gun. The bullet blazed through a picture of her greatest enemy, through the wall, and out into the main apartment. She smirked as Toad yelped. "Charles Xavier's head on a platter."

        "How about Toad's?"

        "Hmph. A joke out of you? Now I know I'm down."

        "You know, Raven, we don't have to fight them."

        "The Hell we don't!"

        "Rogue is with them of her free will. That's why we can't win. You're scared of hurting her."

        "Old woman -- " Mystique snarled, rising at last.

        Irene boldly placed a finger on Raven's mouth; she was the only one who could ever silence Mystique. "Our paths are intertwined with theirs. We can't change our destinies, no matter how much we wish otherwise. I still love you, though; I always will!" Raven melted against Irene's lips, and Irene kept the rest of her truths to herself. Raven would never believe, after all, that one day, she, too, would wear the X.

The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.