Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
262
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
10
Hits:
566

Love: What A Strange Feeling!

Summary:

It must be love.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Love: What A Strange Feeling!
by Pirate Turner

        X watched Jubilee walk away, feeling strange inside. Her heart pounded as fast and hard as though she'd just ran across the country. There was a painful stirring low in her body, but it wasn't coming from her stomach. It hailed from somewhere lower, a place with which X wasn't familiar although, before meeting Jubilee, she'd thought she was a Master of her entire body. Her palms sweated; her mind swam with the memory of their embrace earlier that night.

        She was only just becoming familiar with emotions outside of anger and vengeance. She knew sorrow, regret, and grief too well. Remy had taught her friendship and caring. Yet this new feeling far eclipsed all other emotions she'd ever felt. X remembered Remy telling her how one day she'd feel something so grand and powerful that it would astound her and maybe even leave her feeling as weak as a kitten if it was returned, as his had not been for the woman with whom he'd fallen in love. "Love," she whispered aloud.

        "What's dat, cherie?" Remy asked, standing beside her.

        She looked at him, wide-eyed. "Could it be love?"

        Emotions flashed over his face before his careful mask fell back into place. "Non. You'll know it soon enough, petite, but not wit' Jubilee. She a Vampire now; Vampires don't do love." He left her on the street, watching, waiting, and yearning for Jubilee's return. He was wrong, she thought; he had to be. This was love, and Jubilee felt it, too.

The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.