Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
260
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
6
Hits:
576

Decisions To Last A Lifetime

Summary:

Always be careful who and what you choose, because some decisions are made to last a lifetime.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Decisions To Last A Lifetime
by Pirate Turner

 

        Jean had often wondered about the other side of love as she'd once heard one's attraction to the same sex referred. She'd seen couples, both of same and different sexes, passionately making out in public for years but never felt that passion herself. Her husband, though she loved him, was a stick in the mud, and she was left fantasizing often to give herself any real passion.

        Those fantasies frequently turned to Jean's best friend, who was the most beautiful being Jean'd ever witnessed. Still, it took her decades to act on her unspoken attraction that built every time Ororo hugged her, touched her hand, or pressed her body close to hers in battle. It took Jean until months after her husband's passing when they were out dancing with the other X-Women.

        Their bodies were close together as they danced. Their nearby friends were too busy with their own partners to notice Jean take Ororo's hand in hers. She pulled the former "Goddess" closer to her and kissed her before she could lose her nerve. Ororo was passion personified, on the rare occasions she let herself loose; Jean wanted to be engulfed by that passion.

        Ororo took Jean's hands in hers and gently removed her. "You've had enough to drink." Jean cried as Ororo flew off, but Ororo didn't dare look back. She flew, instead, into the rising storm. She had cared deeply for Jean once, but she'd chosen Scott over her then. That choice would last them a lifetime.

The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.