Actions

Work Header

After The Eyes Have It

Summary:

small scene takes place after the ep "The Eyes Have It"

Work Text:

Dave opened his front door. He looked Derek up and down. He noted the proud grin and the way Derek stood straight with his chest puffed out. “You certainly look pleased with yourself,” he remarked dryly.

Derek grinned unrepentantly. “Why not?”

Dave shrugged. “I never said that you don’t have a reason. Congratulations. You deserve it.”

“Thanks.” Derek looked at Dave expectantly. He bounced on the balls of his feet. “Well, aren’t you going to invite me in?”

Dave watched Derek for a long moment. He didn’t move out of the way. He smirked. “I don’t know. You are acting Unit Chief with a new office. Are you sure you should be here?”

“What do you mean?”

“I’ve never had Aaron just show up on my doorstep this late at night,” Dave answered blandly. “People could get the wrong idea.”

“Dave,” Derek growled.

“Sleeping with a subordinate.” Dave clicked his tongue between his teeth. “I’m shocked by the very suggestion.”

Derek’s eyes flashed. He planted a hand on Dave’s chest and pushed him back. “It’s cool. This is all part of my leadership style.”

“Really?”

Derek swiftly shut the door and locked it. Then he pressed close to Dave. “Really. I think this will be very effective motivation.”

Dave rested his hands on Derek’s hips. He nipped at Derek’s bottom lip. “Does that mean I’m going to find you pressing Emily or Reid into a wall?”

Derek shoved Dave back’s against the nearby wall and molded their bodies together. He leaned in to nip Dave’s earlobe. “Like this?”

Dave shuddered in pleasure. He turned his head to nip Derek’s neck. “Exactly. But I can think of three things wrong with it.”

Derek hissed. “Oh?”

“Emily would have you singing soprano,” Dave murmured, trailing kisses along Derek’s jaw. “Reid would freak out and Garcia would be jealous.”

“We can’t have that,” Derek panted. “For the sake of team unity, this type of motivation is only for you.”

“Good. Can we move this to the bedroom, Bossman?”

Derek pulled Dave away from the wall and in the direction of the bedroom. “That’s the best idea I’ve heard all night. And one of these days, I’d like to christen my new office the way we did your old one.”

Series this work belongs to: