Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 30 of Criminal Minds After Series
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
468
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
24
Hits:
936

After Divining Rod

Summary:

small scene takes place after the ep "Divining Rod"

Work Text:

Derek swayed and would have lost his balance if not for Dave’s arm around his waist. He braced one hand on the doorframe. He laughed. “See, I told you champagne was a good idea.”

Dave didn’t react to Derek’s hand wandering down to his ass. “I wonder if Emily will agree with you when she wakes up in the morning and realizes she ruined her favorite pair of boots,” he answered dryly.

Derek rolled his eyes. “She will when she realizes that she’s buying a house and it’s a good thing.”

Dave guided Derek through the front door. “Right.”

Derek’s words were slurred but earnest. “It’s a sign that she’s putting down roots. She’s back with us to stay.”

Dave kept his arm around Derek. He switched the light on. Then he kicked the door shut and locked it.

Derek nuzzled the side of Dave’s neck. “You didn’t drink much.”

Dave smiled but kept his hands firmly in place to keep Derek steady instead of anything more intimate. “You drank enough for the both of us. One of us had to drive home.”

Derek pulled back enough to frown at Dave. He waved off Dave’s reply. He used his whole body. He almost lost his balance but Dave kept him upright. “After this case, we had every right to celebrate good news. How messed up do you have to be to tell your daughter that she’s a diving rod for evil in men? No wonder Helen became a loner.”

“I know. Some people should not be allowed to breed,” Dave agreed and helped Derek up the stairs.

Derek held onto Dave tightly. He grabbed the railing with his free hand. “You ever seen the movie, Supernova? Those people needed a license to have kids. That’ll be us someday.”

“Great, the government involved in that too. They’ve done such a good job overhauling health care,” Dave replied sarcastically. He walked Derek down the hall to the bedroom. He eased Derek down to sit on the edge of the bed. Then he pulled Derek’s shirt off over his head.

Derek leaned forward and rested his cheek against Dave’s stomach. He wrapped his arms around his waist. He closed his eyes and mumbled, “Love you, Dave.”

Dave rubbed the back of Derek’s neck. “I love you, too.”

Derek sighed in contentment. “Good.”

“Come on. Let’s get you comfortable before you pass out.” Dave tried to move but Derek refused to let go. “Derek.”

“I am comfortable.”

Dave only had to wait a few minutes before Derek’s grip loosened and he heard the light snoring. He pushed Derek to lay down on his back. He stripped Derek down to his boxers, pulled the sheet to his waist, and leaned down to kiss his forehead. “I’d hate to be you in the morning.”

Series this work belongs to: