Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
309
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
15
Hits:
512

Sunny Side Up

Summary:

Jean's determined to help her friends look on the sunny side.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Sunny Side Up
by Pirate Turner

 

        They were minding their own business, simply relaxing in their own front yard, when it started. Bobby was teasing Hank's massive, bare feet with a blade of grass when he thought he heard sniggering laughter and a crack. He looked up but saw nothing. His tickling maneuvers finally earned him a deep chuckle, and he looked back to his boyfriend with a grin.

        He tickled him some more. Hank shut his book. "Robert -- " he started, but then they were suddenly pelted. Hank rolled swiftly, grabbing Bobby and taking him with him out of the line of fire.

        The teenagers looked up. Anger flushed their souls as their attackers laughed. "See, boys, what'd I tell ya? They're not only mutie freaks; they're queers, too!" The stranger opened another carton of eggs. "Now pound 'em good!"

        The gang of boys laughed and threw more eggs. Hank jumped to his feet, his hands balling into fists. "I'll -- " he began to growl but stopped abruptly as the eggs froze in mid air. They looked, expecting to see their Professor, but it was Jean Grey instead.

        She glared at the town boys. Her green eyes were pools of liquid fire; yet, a smile was fixed upon her calm and pretty face. "The only freaks here are those who would waste food when others are starving." The humans yelped and raced away.

        Jean turned to her startled friends. "Who wants breakfast?" she asked, and the boys eagerly nodded despite their anger. "How do you like your eggs?"

        Bobby smiled and took Hank's hand in his. "Sunny side up."

        "Some one should teach those ignorant fools a lesson," Hank murmured.

        "Let it be somebody else today," Bobby pleaded. "Don't let them ruin our day." Hank relented after Bobby kissed him, and they followed Jean back into their home.

The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.