Actions

Work Header

After Heathridge Manor

Summary:

small scene takes place at the end of ep "Heathridge Manor"

Work Text:

Dave sat on his couch, wondering why it was his house that was always invaded. He wasn’t quite sure how it all happened. Emily and Penelope had taken over his kitchen. Aaron was filling glasses at the bar while Spencer stood next to him going on and on about the catharsis in watching horror movies. The only reason JJ wasn’t in on the fun was because Will was out of town and she had to stay with Henry.

Derek sat close to Dave. “Sorry,” he murmured. “Garcia invited herself over for an impromptu movie night. She’s still depressed over Kevin. I didn’t have the heart to tell her no.”

Dave smiled. “It’s all right.”

“And then Prentiss heard us talking and then Reid,” Derek rambled on.

“Derek--”

“And Garcia insisted Hotch come since Jessica has Jack tonight.”

Dave put a finger to Derek’s lips. “I said it’s okay.”

Derek caught Dave’s hand and kissed his palm. He arched his eyebrows suggestively. “I promise that I’ll make it up to you.”

“I’m gonna hold you to that.” Dave paused and shrugged. “Why is it always my house?”

“Cause you have the biggest TV,” Aaron answered dryly. He handed Dave a glass of scotch before settling into the armchair by the couch.

“And the best stocked bar,” Emily added. She set a bowl of popcorn on the coffee table and sat on the floor next to Aaron’s legs.

“The best sound system,” Spencer chimed in. He turned the TV and DVD player on.

Dave put his hands up in surrender. “Okay. Okay. I get it. What did you horror buffs decide on?”

“Wes Craven’s New Nightmare.” Spencer grinned and rubbed his hands together. “It was actually the first horror movie I ever saw. I was so freaked out I had to turn on every light in the house.”

Penelope joined them. She set a beer on the coffee table in front of Derek and handed one to Emily. She had a bottle of Coke Zero for herself.

Derek frowned at her. “Are you sure you want to watch this, Baby Girl?”

“I don’t mind being scared.” Penelope smirked and moved to sit on the couch between Dave and Derek. “Just as long as I have you to hold onto.”

“Not so fast.” Derek grabbed her arm. He shook his head and guided her down onto his other side.

“What’s the matter?” Penelope teased. “You don’t want me to be in the way when you two start touching each other while the rest of us are trying to watch the movie?”

Derek rolled his eyes at her. “Yes.”

Half way through the movie, Derek had an arm around Dave’s shoulders and Dave’s hand rested on Derek’s leg. Derek noticed Dave frowning at the screen. “What?” he whispered.

Dave nodded to Robert Englund onscreen. “Does he remind you of someone we know?”

Series this work belongs to: