Actions

Work Header

After I Love You Tommy Brown

Summary:

small scene takes place after ep "I Love You, Tommy Brown"

Work Text:

The bell finally cut through the lust induced fog in Dave’s brain. He groaned at the feel of Derek’s mouth attached to the side of his neck. “Derek,” he gasped.

Derek was straddling Dave’s hips. He pushed down harder. The bell sounded again, followed by brisk knocking. He growled in annoyance against Dave’s skin.

Dave let out a shuddering breath. “I don’t think they’re going away.”

“Screw ‘em,” Derek snarled.

The knocking didn’t stop and Dave pushed Derek’s head away. “I think it’s for you.”

“Why?”

Dave nodded to Derek’s phone vibrating on the coffee table. “A lucky guess,” he said dryly.

“Fuck,” Derek cursed. He rocked his hips against Dave for a moment longer before climbing off Dave’s lap.

Dave took a deep breath. He rested his head against the back of the couch. He tried not to squirm and not to create friction against his hard cock.

Derek clenched his hands into fists at his sides so that he wouldn’t touch himself. “The world had better be ending,” he growled and stalked to the front door.

“Don’t kill ‘em.”

“No promises,” Derek shot back and yanked the door open. His anger (and other things) immediately died upon sight of Penelope. “Baby Girl,” he greeted cautiously.

Penelope’s eyes were red from crying. Her make up was smeared and her hair and clothes were disheveled. She carried a large brown paper bag. A large box of tissues stuck out of the top of the purse hanging from her shoulder. “I’m sorry,” she said helplessly. “I didn’t know where else to go.”

Derek took her arm and gently guided her inside. He kept a studying hand on her shoulder and kicked the door shut. “It’s okay.”

“No, it isn’t. I tried calling. I tried texting but Kevin’s ignoring me.” Penelope looked from Derek to Dave and then back again. She blinked dully. “I…I didn’t want to lose him but I drove him away.”

Dave joined them. He took the bag from her. “What happened, Kitten?” he asked calmly.

Penelope swallowed nervously. “I told Kevin that I’m not ready for marriage. He said that he is and then walked away from me.”

“Maybe he just needs some time,” Derek suggested. “It’s a big deal for a guy when he wants to propose and the girl says no.”

“No.” Penelope sniffed. “You didn’t see his face. I hurt him and I don’t know if he’ll forgive me.”

Derek’s arm tightened around her. “Sure he will. He just needs some time. You cut him deep.”

“I didn’t want to. I thought he’d understand.” Penelope looked at them plaintively. “I knew this would happen. He was acting so weird. Why couldn’t he be happy with the way things are?” Her face crumpled. “Why did he want to buy me a ring? Nowadays a ring is always the beginning of the end.”

All Derek could do was hug her.

Penelope bit her bottom lip. “What do I do?”

The two men exchanged looks. Dave peeked into the bag. “Well, let’s start with this. A gallon of cheap wine, chocolate, and ice cream.”

Penelope took a deep breath and wiped her eyes. “Chocolate chip cookie dough.”

Derek gave her an encouraging smile and gave her a small push. “Go ahead into the kitchen. We’ll be right there.”

Penelope managed a small smile in return. “Okay. Thanks.”

Derek watched her go before turning to Dave. He shook his head and put his hands on his hips. He sighed in frustration. “I really wish I wanted to pound Kevin for making her cry.”

One end of Dave’s mouth quirked up. “Except he wasn’t being an asshole.”

Derek nodded and asked, “What should we do?”

Dave pressed the bag into Derek’s chest. “Let her cry, help her demolish the wine and ice cream, and then we’ll see.”

Series this work belongs to: