Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
310
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
10
Hits:
690

The Age of the Geek

Summary:

Some day, the world will understand that geeks will rule.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

The Age of the Geek
by Pirate Turner

 

        "Are you going to tell them it's the age of the geek?"

        Alec looked thoughtfully down at Bradley. He was a bully, nothing more or less. Alec remembered how bullies had taunted and teased him throughout school. He'd promised himself he would show them all what an amazing person he was, and that vow had been part of what had led him to his life as a superb hacker. Alec grinned despite his pain. He was a genius. He was as far above this bully and his kind as a GUI-interface was an abacus. He could do things with his pinky that most of them would never be able to do and all the others didn't even know was possible.

        "Nah. He'll figure it out." Although he took another kick on the bully on their way and continued to hurt, Alec still beamed. His brown eyes twinkled with happiness. The jerk on the floor could only try to live through his money and causing others pain. He'd never know what it meant to really live.

        He'd never know the honest, if shy and unspoken, love of a beautiful woman like the amazing one on Alec's arm now who'd saved him yet again this night. He'd never know the excitement that filled Alec's life nor hold the power to completely destroy someone from a world away with the push of a button. Alec gleamed. He held that power; he had the power to rule the whole world every time he touched a computer. It was the age of the geek, baby, and all bullies everywhere would know it one day soon.

        Yet, for tonight, Alec was content just to have Parker and their friends in his life. He didn't have to rule the world. It was amazing enough to be loved.

The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.