Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Characters:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 26 of Criminal Minds After Series
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
332
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
29
Hits:
1,130

After A Family Affair

Summary:

small scene takes place after ep "A Family Affair"

Work Text:

The alarm clock went off at an hour that the world wasn’t supposed to exist. Derek growled and buried his head under his pillow. “Turn it off.”

Dave lifted a heavy arm to switch if off and stop the cursed noise. He forced his eyes open. “Okay,” he muttered. “I’m awake.”

“What time is it?” Derek muffled voice asked.

Dave rolled onto his side and propped himself up on his elbow. He ran a hand down his face. “Four fifteen.”

Derek popped his head out from his hiding place. He spooned behind Dave and wrapped a tight arm around his waist. “Where are you going at this ungodly hour?”

Dave put his head down. He relaxed back into Derek’s body. He shut his eyes and sighed. “Aaron has to leave by five.”

Derek grunted irritably. “Why? The damn thing doesn’t start till eight.”

“I don’t know.”

“Sometimes, I want to shake that man till something comes loose,” Derek complained and buried his face in Dave’s shoulder.

Dave chuckled. “You’re not the only one.” He forced his eyes open again and tried to move. “Let go.”

Derek only held on tighter. “No.”

“Derek.”

“No.”

“Come on,” Dave coaxed wearily. “We only got about four hours sleep. I’m not up to dealing with the Hotch glare if I’m late.”

Derek kissed the back of Dave’s neck and let go. He rolled onto his back. “Fine,” he huffed.

Dave gave Derek a quick kiss on the forehead. “Go back to sleep,” he murmured. “And I’ll see ya at the race.”

“No.” Derek grabbed Dave’s arm before Dave could move away. He opened his eyes so they could stare at each other in the dim light. “Come back and get me after you have Jack. Then the three of us can go out for breakfast.”

Dave yawned. “Why don’t you just come with me now?”

Derek wrinkled his nose. “Hell, no. I’ve got another half hour to sleep and I’m going to take advantage of it.”

Series this work belongs to: