Actions

Work Header

After Closing Time

Summary:

small scene takes place after ep "Closing Time"

Work Text:

Derek smirked as he shut Aaron’s office door. He perched on the railing and folded his hands together in front of him. He started counting. One. Two. Three.

Aaron hurried out, still pulling his coat on. He stopped for a split second when he saw Derek watching him. He chuckled, shook his head, and finished pulling on his coat. “I know Dave sent you.”

Derek tried for a bland expression but couldn’t hold it. He grinned. “He thought you might need a subtle push. The florist two blocks down is open late and they still have roses.”

“Thanks.”

“You’re welcome.”

Aaron tilted his head to the side and studied Derek for a long moment. “How do you know that? You didn’t ask Garcia to find out did you?”

Derek laughed. “No, I wouldn’t do that to you. I looked up the number and dialed the phone all by myself.”

Aaron sighed in exaggerated relief. “Thanks again.”

“No problem.” Derek arched both eyebrows. “Happy Valentine’s Day. Don’t do anything I wouldn’t do.”

Aaron smirked right back. “Thank Dave for the theater tickets for me.”

“Will do.” Derek watched Aaron hurry through the bullpen, through the glass doors, and to the elevator. He swallowed a case of the giggles until he got back to his office. He shut the door, leaned against it, and let it out full volume. “Oh my God, Hotch was smiling. I’m tempted to call Guinness.”

“And you’re channeling Garcia,” Dave replied dryly.

Derek looked at Dave lying on his couch. “I may not be a goddess, but I do have my own fabulous moments.”

Dave’s eyes were closed. He smiled. “That you do.”

Derek’s heated gaze found Dave’s exposed throat. “Hotch told me to thank you for the tickets.”

Dave felt and heard Derek kneel beside him. His smile turned into a smirk. “Anything I can do in the service of making Aaron loosen up.”

Derek leaned in to nuzzle the side of Dave’s neck just below his ear. “I hope you don’t mean anything,” he whispered hotly, drawing out the last word.

Dave groaned softly. He reached up to cup the back of Derek’s head. “Not quite anything.”

Derek continued his attention’s to Dave’s neck. He unbuttoned the top of Dave’s shirt enough to slip his hand inside. “Good. You know I can’t share you.”

“You’ll never have to,” Dave growled and turned his head to capture Derek’s lips.

Derek moaned and melted into the kiss. He parted his lips to enjoy the feeling of Dave’s tongue skillfully sweeping through his mouth.

Dave broke the kiss. He rested his forehead against Derek’s. He playfully nipped at Derek’s bottom lip. “What do you want to do for Valentine’s Day, Lover?”

Derek pulled away just enough to look into Dave’s eyes. “Home, hot tub, and your favorite wine. Sound good?”

Dave cupped the side of Derek’s face. He ran his thumb along Derek’s bottom lip. “Sounds perfect.”

Series this work belongs to: