Actions

Work Header

After Snake Eyes

Summary:

small scene takes place after ep "Snake Eyes"

Work Text:

When Dave left the bullpen, he ran into Penelope and Kevin at the elevators. “Garcia, have you seen Derek?”

Penelope grinned, took him by the shoulders, and kissed his cheek. “My sanctum.”

Dave smiled. “What was that for?”

“Just because I know all is right with the universe,” Penelope announced cheerfully. She kissed his other cheek. “And that’s for having the courage to try and talk that last unsub down.”

The smile disappeared. “Too bad I couldn’t get him to listen.”

Penelope shook her head and sighed. “I’m half tempted to slap you for putting yourself in danger like that, but I’m sure Derek has better methods of getting the point across.”

Dave rolled his eyes. “I’ve already gotten an earful on the subject.”

Penelope arched her eyebrows suggestively. “Is that all?”

Dave smirked. “For now.”

Penelope squealed. “I see.” She let go and took Kevin’s arm as they stepped into the elevator. “Good night, Super Agent.”

“Night, Kitten. Kevin.” Dave chuckled and went to join Derek. He found Derek perched on the front edge of Penelope’s desk. Derek’s arms were folded across his chest and there was a slight frown on his face. “I just saw Garcia. She’s certainly back to her old self. I thought you two made up.”

Derek blinked. He looked at Dave and one end of his mouth quirked up. “We did.”

Dave stood beside Derek, close enough that their shoulders were touching. He nudged Derek lightly with his elbow. “And?”

Derek sighed. “That night she called me after the fight with Kevin.”

Dave touched Derek’s thigh. “And she was drunk off her ass.”

“Yeah, she thought we may have…” Derek paused and rubbed the back of his neck. “…fooled around.”

Dave fought not to smile. “I see,” he said dryly.

Derek grunted. He hugged his arms tighter over his chest. “I would never take advantage of her like that and I would never betray you. I thought she knew me better than to even think it.”

“She does,” Dave said softly, but firmly. He straightened up and moved right in front of Derek. He pushed Derek’s arms down. “She had a moment of weakness after she pickled her brain in wine.”

Derek let out a startled laugh. He rested his hands on Dave’s hips. “You’re right. I can cut her some slack.”

Dave leaned in closer. “Besides,” he whispered against Derek’s lips. “She did get to see you all wet from a shower in just a towel. Can you blame her for getting ideas?”

“I’ve got some ideas of my own,” Derek murmured and closed the short distance between them to capture Dave’s lips in an intense kiss. His hands slid into the back pockets of Dave’s jeans.

Dave returned the kiss with equal enthusiasm. He wrapped his arms around Derek and let his hands roam over Derek’s back. However, he was also the one who broke it off. He rested his forehead against Derek’s. His voice was a ragged whisper. “We should get out of here before we get carried away.”

“Please do. I’m enjoying the show but my babies are sensitive. They can’t stand the heat,” Penelope teased from the doorway.

Both men laughed. Dave stepped away and turned to face Penelope. “I saw you leave with Kevin.”

Penelope giggled. “He’s waiting for me down at the car. I forgot my purse and I’m so glad I did.”

Derek laughed and straightened up. “Things are definitely back to normal.”

Series this work belongs to: