Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
305
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
15
Hits:
778

Love's Gift

Summary:

If you love someone you want them to be happy

Work Text:

Love's Gift
by Hergerbabe

 

You hate him.

Not because he’s suave and sophisticated. Not because he’s handsome, rich, intelligent and has everything he wants… well almost.

You hate him, because you’re jealous. You hate him, because he has the one thing you want, what you’ve always wanted. Even if he doesn’t know it.

You never hated Lana; but then, you knew Lana was never more than a dream, never a real threat.

But somehow Luthor slipped past your notice. You didn’t realise he could *be* a threat until it was too late.

You watch them together and it’s like a knife in your heart. You see the way they look at each other and you know that the heart you long for, belongs to Luthor, and he doesn’t even know it.

You’ll never forget the shock when you realised Luthor returned those feelings.

But the pain of knowing you can never have what you want, is nothing compared to seeing his pain when he watches Luthor.

In the end, that’s what drives you to the castle, to Luthor. He’s surprised to see you. He’s intelligent, he knows you hate him and he wonders what you want.

You think you may even have surprised him when you tell him you know his heart. It’s hard to tell, he hides his emotions so well, but you’ve been watching him for a long time.

“Tell him,” you say.

“Why?” he asks, staring at you in a way that makes you realise he knows how you feel.

“Because it will make him happy,” you reply.

He stares at you for a long time, before he nods and thanks you.

You think, if it’s possible, you hate him even more, because you can see the sympathy in his eyes.

You have to leave, you can’t let him see. It hurts, even if you know you’ve done the right thing.

“Goodbye, Chloe,” he says.

You don’t look back.

FIN.