Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 5 of La Rose d'Or
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
651
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
21
Hits:
881

Bastien and Theron

Summary:

An introduction to Bastien and Theron.

Work Text:

Bastien tiptoed back upstairs. He slipped inside the flat and then back into the bedroom. All was quiet except for Theron’s loud breathing.

Theron’s voice was naturally low and gruff. “Come back to bed, paon.”

Bastien didn’t have to bother with any lights. He draped his dressing gown over the chair next to his vanity table. He toed out of his slippers. He crawled back into bed and settled next to Theron with his head on Theron’s shoulder.

Theron wrapped an arm around Bastien. “What kept you?”

Bastien snuggled in and sighed in contentment. “A new addition to La Rose d’Or.”

Theron grunted. “Another stray.”

“The stray’s name is Albin…” Bastien said brightly. “…and I like him already.”

Theron rolled his eyes in the darkness and drawled, “Of course you do.”

Bastien slid a leg in between Theron’s. “I’m taking him on as my personal secretary.”

“Wonderful,” Theron replied sarcastically. “You can’t resist drama. What’s his tragic story?”

Bastien frowned and answered seriously, “I don’t know yet, but I’ve got an idea. You’ll see him in the morning before we go shopping. He’s all skin and bones. He’s scared and he needs help. I don’t want him back out on the streets.”

“He wouldn’t be the only one. We can’t take them all in,” Theron stated matter-of-factly.

“Renato saved him from a nasty beating tonight,” Bastien whispered vehemently. “I told him he’s safe here. You will not make a liar out of me.”

Theron let out a put upon but he didn’t sound angry. “Very well. Who am I to deny you one of your orphans?”

“You’re too good to me, mon amour,” Bastien crooned.

Theron kissed the top of Bastien’s head. “And don’t you forget it.”

Bastien suddenly snickered. “Renato was a stray once and now he’s one of the only people you actually like, besides me and Dio.”

“Not really.”

Bastien lazily unbuttoned the top buttons of Theron’s pajama shirt. He ran his fingers through the chest hair. He nuzzled the side of Theron’s neck. “Liar.”

Theron grunted again. He cupped the back of Bastien’s neck. “Renato’s a good kid,” he admitted.

Bastien trailed his lips up to Theron’s ear. “He’s you twenty years ago.”

Theron snorted. “Hardly.”

“Oh, yes. Responsible. A strong, silent type. A talented chef.” Bastien playfully nipped at Theron’s earlobe. “Except he’s got more charm in his little pinky than you have in your entire body.”

Theron slid his hand up through Bastien’s hair. “Shut up.”

“It’s easy for him. He’s got this kind of liquid heat. You must have noticed it.”

Theron tightened his grip. “Bastien,” he growled in warning. “Behave.”

“There’s no need to be jealous. I was just making an observation. I can’t help it. I’m a people person and sometimes Renato is too.” Bastien nipped Theron again. “Why do you think Dio always wants him out front in the club instead of buried down in the kitchen with you?” he teased.

“He’s not comfortable there,” Theron hissed.

Bastien laughed quietly, against Theron’s skin. “I don’t know about that. He’s coming out of his shell. I can’t wait to coax him back on the stage, maybe as a bad boy in black. Black to go with that blonde mane and we can show off his chest.”

“Bastien,” Theron growled again in exasperation.

“Don’t worry. I only look. You wouldn’t deny me that pleasure,” Bastien said unrepentantly.

“When will you let up?” Theron asked and then suddenly turned his head to capture Bastien’s lips in a gentle, yet intense, kiss. His tongue was smooth in its domination of Bastien’s mouth.

Bastien moaned and melted into the kiss. His eyes slid shut. He whimpered in loss when Theron broke the kiss.

Theron cupped Bastien’s cheek. He ran his thumb along Bastien’s lower lip. “Do me a favor, paon.”

“What?” Bastien asked, still a bit dazed.

“Don’t break the bank tomorrow,” Theron answered, completely deadpan.

Series this work belongs to: