Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
983
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
20
Bookmarks:
2
Hits:
2,595

Drastically Different

Summary:

This year Christmas is drastically different for G, and he likes it.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:


Drastically Different
by nancy

The party lasted until almost midnight. Sam made off with the Parker Pony like a bandit with hot merchandise around ten, skipping out to the laughter of everyone else. Kensi ducked out for her flight around eleven, arguing with Deeks the whole walk out about not needing a ride to the airport, but back from it on the return trip.

G sat on one of the smaller sofas, a genial warmth keeping him loose and mellow as he watched Eric and Nell bicker like an old married couple about some tech thing. Hetty surprised the girl with a ticket to her family and then Nell was gone in about two seconds flat. Eric looked bemused and annoyed, but G knew it was because he thought he'd been winning the argument. He had that faint blush to his cheeks when he really got into a debate.

Hetty walked over and sat beside him with a fond smile as she watched Eric latch onto a hapless agent to restart the argument. "I do believe Mr. Beale has had more than his fair share of alcohol this evening."

G smiled back and said, "I do believe you're right, Hetty."

She patted his knee. "Take your boy home, Mr. Callen. I expect not to see either of you unless an urgent case comes up."

"Thanks, Hetty," he said standing. "Have a great holiday. Dare I ask what you'll be doing?"

Hetty gave him an amused look. "You may certainly ask."

He snorted and walked over to sling an arm around Eric's waist. G guided him away from Jack who gave him a grateful look. Chuckling, G said, "C'mon, Eric, time for all good little techs to be in bed so Santa can give them shiny new toys."

Eric leaned on him, resting his cheek on G's shoulder as he asked dreamily, "Would that include a shiny new remote helo with illegally modified engines?"

"Not being Santa, I couldn't say," G replied, grinning broadly.

They left the shop for G's car where he belted a drunken Eric into the passenger's side. Eric grabbed his shirt and hauled G in for a messy, sweet kiss. G smiled into the kiss, their teeth clacking together briefly before he pulled back.

Eric kept hold of G's shirt as he said earnestly, "You're the best, G. Like, the best everything ever."

Chuckling, G kissed him again and gently disengaged Eric's fingers. "Thanks, Eric. Hands in now."

Eric pulled his hands in and G shut the door. He walked around to the driver's side and got in, starting the engine as he looked over at Eric. The other man was already out, eyes closed and glasses askew. It scared him sometimes, just how much the younger man had come to mean to him. He tried never to show it at work, but it came out in little ways, like when he'd told Sam that if Eric couldn't find the Parker Pony, no one could. When Sam had argued about not finding his car, G had wisely not pointed out that Eric had, but no one wanted to tell Sam about the burnt out wreck.

It didn't take long to get home. Getting Eric inside, on the other hand, took almost ten minutes. Half-awake, Eric tried to help by walking, but couldn't quite manage. G finally gave up and hefted Eric up over his shoulder in a fireman's carry. Eric grumbled, but his hands latched onto G's ass partway up the walk and he heard an, "Ooh, easy access panel," which made him laugh quietly. Even drunk, Eric thought in tech, which G found endearing.

He dropped Eric onto their bed, the tech bouncing a couple of times before settling. He stretched luxuriously, causing his shirt to ride up and his pants to slink lower, baring his stomach. G licked his lips but easily kept himself in control. As much fun as it was to have sex with a tipsy Eric, the younger man got very handsy and aggressive as if forgetting he thought G should be in the lead even in bed, this was over a line given how drunk his lover was.

G undressed Eric, gently pushing away roaming hands during the too-long process. When he was finally done, Eric snored softly, completely out of it. G carded fingers through his soft, curly hair and then did a security check of the house. Once satisfied, he walked back to the bedroom but paused in the living room to look around in a kind of baffled happiness.

Eric had moved in only a few weeks ago, but the house had been transformed. Gone was the empty space, filled with all kinds of electronics and soft sofas and one of the bedrooms was devoted to an 'action figure' collection that G still tried not to look at too closely. A live Christmas tree stood decorated in the living room and draped with colorful lights currently dark, not plugged in. The smell of pine wasn't something that G got outside of a forest, but like the rest of the minor chaos Eric had brought with him, the Christmas tree was something he could definitely get used to.

G shook himself out of the spell the tree and Eric's belongings had cast and walked back to the bedroom. He stripped down to boxers and climbed into bed behind Eric. This was strategic twofold; first, Eric would need to make a beeline to the bathroom when he woke up and second, it kept G between Eric and the door in case of danger.

Wrapping his arms around Eric's waist, G let out a long, slow sigh of contentment and buried his face against the back of his lover's neck. This made for a drastically different, but drastically better Christmas than he could ever remember having in his life. Smiling, G drifted asleep.

 

end

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Nancy.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.