Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Characters:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 22 of Criminal Minds After Series
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
487
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
21
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,007

After The Bittersweet Science

Summary:

small scene takes place after ep "The Bittersweet Sciene"

Work Text:

Derek sat on the couch in his office. He watched Penelope pace the space in front of him. He smiled. “He just left two minutes ago. Quit trying to wear a hole in the rug.”

Penelope didn’t stop moving. “It’s just…” she said excitedly. “It’s just the idea of Hotch going out on a date. It would be so great.”

Derek laughed. “Yes, it would.” He arched an eyebrow. “You could’ve gone to ask him yourself.”

“No.”

“All you’d have to do is offer to baby-sit.”

Penelope waved a hand dismissively. “No. Agent Awesome is Hotch’s best friend and is as big a gossip as I am. Let him get the crucial info.”

Derek snorted. “Ah, no. No one’s as big a gossip as you.”

Penelope stopped and faced him. She put her hands on her hips. She tried to look stern but there was a glint in her eyes. “I could be insulted by that, but I refuse to let you dent my shields of light.”

Derek laughed again. Suddenly, his eyes got wide. “Hey, if Dave’s Agent Awesome, who am I?”

Penelope stuck her tongue out at him. “I don’t know. What’s the opposite of awesome?”

Derek dramatically clutched his chest. “Oh, that’s cold.”

“No, you’re my Super Stud, my Chocolicious.” Penelope flopped down next to Derek. She snuggled into his side and put her head on his shoulder. “Seriously, Hotch needs this,” she said earnestly. “He needs some fun. He needs someone besides Jack to remind him that life is more than this place, this job.”

Derek kissed the top of her head. “I know.”

“Well, the bike ride’s on,” a deep voice announced.

They looked up to see Dave leaning against the doorframe, watching them in amusement. Penelope jumped up really. “Really?” she squealed.

Dave chuckled. “Really.”

“You mean he didn’t try to get out of calling the girl.”

Dave shook his head. “Nope.”

Penelope clapped her hands. “Stoic bossman’s got a bike riding date. Is he still in his office?”

Dave watched her bouncing on her heels for a moment. He grinned. “Yeah. He’s got some paperwork to finish.”

“Good, then I’ll catch him before he leaves.”

Derek sat up straight. “Baby Girl, what are you going to do?”

“Offer to baby-sit of course,” Penelope answered excitedly.

Derek frowned. “I thought you didn’t want to do that.”

“I just had to know for sure that there was going to be a date first.”

“Why?”

Penelope just shot him the ‘you’re a dumb man’ look. “I don’t have time to explain all of my subtle nuances to you, Chocolicious. See you two tomorrow,” she said and brushed past Dave to get out.

Dave just shrugged and gave a bemused smile. He went to stand in front of Derek. He smirked and offered him a hand. “Ready to go home, Super Stud?”

Derek’s eyes sparked as he took Dave’s hand. “I’m ready, Agent Awesome.”

Series this work belongs to: