Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
338
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
19
Hits:
1,022

Alternative Medicine

Summary:

Cordy needs so alternatice medicine and goes to see Pete

Work Text:

Title Alternative Medicine
Author Wereleopard58
Rating PG
Word Count: 316
Prompt 038: The Thin Dead Line
Character: Cordelia Chase, Pete Wilder
Disclaimer: I own nothing to do with Angel or Private Practice

"You, died?" Pete Wilder asked the attractive brunette.

"Yes I did. The thin line, the thin dead line, on that monitor went flat" Cordy replied softly. "There is a problem but the doctors have not figured out what is causing it." She rubbed her hands together trying not to look like she was obviously lying. There was no way she could tell him about the visions.

"So what exactly is it you want me to do, I can't make you healthy." Pete looked at her worriedly.

"Oh I understand that, all I want is something to take so when the headache pains get so bad that I can't bare it. The painkillers I am taking stopped working and I don't want to keep getting stronger and stronger ones until I am out of it all the time." Cordy looked up at him, her hazel eyes wet with unshed tears and full of worry.

"You just want the pain to stop?" Pete took hold of one of her hands and gently stroked it wishing he could do more. "There are a few things I could give you try, plus some things that might help you relax I can't guarantee that they will work but you could give them a go.

"That is all I want Dr Wilder, I am willing to give anything ago. I am just so tired of feeling that way but I can't give up I have people depending on me. They need me and I need them."

"Well there are different things that we can try; we will see which will work out, if any of them." Pete stood and gave her a hug before heading to one of the shelves packed with jars.

"Thank you doctor." Cordy replied with a small smile not sure, not believing that any of this would work but she had to give it a go.

The End