Actions

Work Header

To Be Here In Star City

Summary:

After she wakes up from the effects of sleep gas from a flower,the Black Canary discovers that The Joker plans on using her as part of a trap for the Batman.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

As soon as she wakes up and discovers that she had somehow been placed inside what appeared to be a dark and unfamiliar room and in a cold sweat,a young dark haired woman whose name happens to be Dinah Laurel Lance had tried to say 'hello' or anything in order for someone to step into the room and give her some straight answers,only to discover that she was unable to talk due to a ball gag in her mouth.

That was before she heard someone else say,"Say,Boss!The babe that you had spritzed with the gas from that flower is finally awake!",which had made her remember that there was a strange looking flower in her shop with a card attached to it which had the words 'From A Loving Admirer' on it.At first,she thought that it was from her lover Oliver Queen.But when she moved herself closer to take a sniff,a gas had sprayed itself right out of the flower and forced Dinah to have no choice but to go to sleep.

Suddenly,she heard a second voice saying,"Good!Stop the van right here!",and recognized it to be the voice of a certain Clown Prince Of Crime known only as The Joker.Then,after she had felt the van make a complete stop,Dinah has heard the sound of both The Joker and his henchman get out of the van and open the back doors before dragging her out and standing her on a hard and dry surface just before the Harlequin Of Hate himself had said,"Okay!Take the blindfold off!"

And once that deed was done,Dinah noticed that her hands and feet were tightly tied and The Joker was standing in front of her with that devilishly gleefull face of his and saying,"Ah!Good afternoon,My dear!Now,I do believe that you are wondering what we are doing here on the Star City bridge!Well,that--of course--is simple!In a way,you shall help me set a trap for the Batman!",only to have the henchman walk up to his boss and say,"Sorry to interupt,Boss!But we were tailed on the way over here!"

That was when all three of them had turned around and noticed that one emerald costumed member of the Justice League Of America whose codename happens to be the Green Arrow was zooming towards them on a motorcycle.Of course,Dinah--who just happens to be the Emerald Archer's fellow JLA member known as the Black Canary--had wanted to say something to get the Arrow to stay away from The Joker.But with the ball gag still in her mouth,she was unable to let out a wave of her sonic Canary Cry.

"GET RID OF THIS CREEP,ROCKO!",that was what The Joker had ordered his henchman to do before he had grabbed his helpless prisoner by the tightly bound wrists and dragged her to the top of the bridge.But as soon as Rocko had smiled and said,"Not a problem,Boss!",he had charged himself towards the Green Arrow,who was able to pull out and fire a tear gas arrow right into Rocko's path.And while Rocko was too busy rubbing the effects of that arrow out of his eyes,the archer had jumped off his motorcycle and said,"That's what you think,Numb Nuts!"

And after he had given Rocko had hard kick to the groin and another one to the face,the Green Arrow had rushed himself halfway up to the top of the bridge,aimed a razor sharp arrow at the Grinning Gargoyle and yelled,"STOP RIGHT THERE,JOKER!DO IT NOW OR DROP YOU RIGHT WHERE YOU STAND!",only to have The Joker lift the helpless Canary over his head,look directly at the Emerald Archer and say,"THAT'S WHERE YOU'RE WRONG!YOU DROP ME,GREEN ARROW...AND I'LL DROP THE GIRL RIGHT INTO THE STAR CITY RIVER!"

But after he had laughed and asked,"NOW WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT,MISTER ROBIN HOOD WANNABE?",someone had sneaked up from behind the unsuspecting Clown Prince Of Crime,pulled the still bound Dinah out of his grasp and said,"He is going to do nothing,Joker!"That had made The Joker turn around,see a certain Masked Manhunter from Gotham City standing in front of him and say,"Batman!How did you know that I'm going to be here in Star City?"

"Simple enough,Joker!One of your cronies had made the mistake of shooting his big drunk mouth off to Bruce Wayne at a bar before he had dropped to the floor and died laughing!",that was the answer that the Darknight Detective had given his most hated foe,only to have the Harlequin Of Hate laugh and yell,"SO,BATMAN!YOU HAVE FALLEN INTO MY TRAP AT LAST!NOW IS THE TIME TO FINALLY PUT A SMILE ON THAT WAY TOO SERIOUS FACE OF YOURS WITH A SNIFF OF MY PRETTY LITTLE FLOWER!"

"THAT'S WHAT YOU THINK,LAUGHING BOY!",that was what the Green Arrow had said before he shot a boa arrow around The Joker's legs,pulled on the rope and forced Batman's self proclaimed Number One Foe to crash drive right into the river.And after the Green Arrow had joined his two friends on the top of the Star City bridge and helped the Batman free his beloved Ladybird from her bondage,the three Justice Leaguers had looked at the river below them just in time for a curious Dinah to ask,"What do you think,Bruce?Do you think that we have seen the last of The Joker?"

"I really would like to say 'yes' to that question,Dinah.But deep down inside,I doubt it.",that was the answer that the Batman had given his finally freed fellow JLA member while every officer in the Star City Police Force seacrhes the entire river for any sign of The Joker's body,only to come up empty handed.Maybe the Batman is right about The Joker faking his death in order to escape justice and return to menace the Caped Crusader another day.Then again,maybe he is wrong.Who really knows?

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Andrew Troy Keller.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.