Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
253
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
17
Hits:
859

A New Friend

Summary:

Jack finds a new friend while driving home on a foggy night.

Work Text:

 

Status: Completed 10/8/05

Word Count: 204

Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. This story is for fun and I sure as hell didn't get paid for writin' it. No copyright infringement intended.


Jack cursed at the thick fog caused by the earlier rain. It made seeing the road difficult. He slowed the truck down to a crawl. He heard a loud noise coming from the side of the road.

He pulled over, found his flashlight then got out. He stumbled over something almost immediately. It whined. Jack knelt down shining his light in the direction of the sound.

Jack was surprised when a wet nose rubbed his cheek. It was a puppy! Wet and muddy, but otherwise seemed fine. Jack picked it up, stood, and went back to the truck. He gently placed the puppy in the passenger seat and drove home.

Once inside, Jack bathed the puppy. That done he went to his room and took an empty box out of the closet. He put the puppy in the box went into the bathroom rinsed out the tub and took a shower. Then he went back to his room and got dressed.

He took his new friend into the living room. "I should take you to the shelter." Jack told the puppy. He knew he couldn't. The pup reminded Jack of someone.

Smiling Jack said, "So how do you like your new home, Danny Boy?"


The End