Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
898
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
13
Hits:
814

Justin Traveling

Summary:

"India had been an all-new experience."

Work Text:

Justin, Traveling
By Saylor
 
India had been an all-new experience. Wrestling in their crowded arena had given some of my peers a slightly different perspective, especially when one man had challenged the sacred icons of their nation. Heeling out took on a whole new meaning when Mark Henry had waddled his fat ass to the ring eating a hamburger. He was attacked by a barrage of drink cups and wadded up papers. If they’d been allowed guns and knives, they’d have killed him.
 
You don’t fuck with people’s sacred shit. You don’t eat a cow in front of them.
 
Mark was a little rattled by their violent reaction. The rest of us were subdued, at least until the airplane was high in the air. We took it as a lesson.
 
Russia was supposed to be next. I wondered what practices were forbidden there. As we traveled, I Googled Russia’s religions and taboos. It seemed they, like the USA and my home country of South Africa, had no particular beliefs. Mark could eat a twenty ounce porterhouse steak in the middle of the ring there with no blowback. Awesome.
 
Why wasn’t the Creative Team doing this homework for us? The talent was supposed to wrestle, not have to worry about the shit-storm every time we happened to take a bite out of somebody’s sacred fucking hamburger. Gah.
 
My mom would kick my ass for dissing other people’s religions. But unlike her, I’m not devout and I’m something of a smartass, so I hope no little wrestling fans are planning to follow my idiotic example.
 
When the plane landed in Moscow, I realized another thing I should’ve checked while I was online. The fucking weather report. It was freezing! My coat was buried deep in one of my bags in the cargo hold, so I stood there with the other dumbasses who’d made the same mistake, hopping from foot to foot to generate heat while the baggage people took their sweet time sorting out our shit.
 
Damn, they were slow! When I finally got my hands on my bag, my fingers were too cold to unzip it. Clumsily, I got my thermal coat out and shrugged into it, wrapped myself in its warmth. The shuttle arrived with a screech. Inside, seated on the side-facing seats, I was soon uncomfortably warm. I sat wedged between Christian and Randy Orton, staring out at the passing scenery I could see through the frosted-over window.
 
“So, you and your little band of misfits against me and my cronies?” Seamus said, wearing a smile that curled around his face to those big, white ears of his. “We’ll have a blast, we will.”
 
I grinned at him, wishing he’d get out in the sun a couple of hours. The colors of humans on earth was everything from pale pink to black. Seamus couldn’t be from earth. He wasn’t just white – he was fucking translucent! Seated next to Mark Henry, he looked like an apparition. “We’ll kick your asses,” I promised him.
 
“You can keep on dreamin’, baby boy,” he said without missing a beat.
 
I nodded in that friendly way we usually converse. “Fuck you, Irishman.”
 
“No, African, I’ll be fuckin’ you,” he warned, still smiling benignly. “Whenever and wherever possible.”
 
I could feel my face turn beet red, my eyes unable to hold his gaze. Suddenly, my iPod was the most interesting thing on earth. ‘Freebird’ by Lynard Skynard was playing, one of my favorite songs.
 
^^
 
During our match that night, Seamus managed to get his hands on me a lot. He didn’t exactly grope me. I was relieved he had some amount of discretion, but his fingers managed to tweak my nipples several times. By the end of the match, I was feeling frustrated and a little pissed off.
 
I waited until we were on the shuttle, on our way back to the hotel before I addressed him. “You’re a very tall cunt,” I said in my surliest voice. “Bad Irishman!”
 
“Sorry,” he said unapologetically. “I couldn’t resist. You’re too cute.”
 
“Cute? What?”
 
“Yeah, cute. You’re adorable.”
 
I scratched my head, trying to think of a witty comeback, but nothing came to me. I yawned and pulled on my cap, crossed my arms over my chest and closed my eyes. “Not happening tonight,” I said gruffly.
 
“That’s fine,” he said. “I’ll wait.”
 
We were leaving in the morning and didn’t have another show scheduled until Monday night, six days away. I had plenty of time to think about his offer, if you could call it an offer. There was a lot to consider since I wasn’t promiscuous. I’d been a loner for quite a while. I hadn’t heard his terms. I never liked casual situations, but then again, it was vain to assume every guy wanted a long-term relationship. I wasn’t sure I was ready for that, either, especially not sure about one with Seamus.
 
Not that he wasn’t nice and not that he wasn’t handsome enough. He had a natural gentle power that made me feel safe in his presence. I wasn’t exactly a damsel in distress, but if I could definitely visualize him as my Prince Charming.
 
I peeped at him to see that he’d turned his attention to an e-reader from his bag. He liked to read, like me. That was a plus.
 
I didn’t want to get my hopes too high, so I pushed the entire issue out of my mind and forced myself to try to remember all the words to ‘Freebird’.

 

end